problem with my mister

mary prefontaine

Hi everyone.
Im having a problem with my mister and I am fed up as it is the 3rd or fourth time this has happened. I have it set to go on 3 times daily for 5 minutes. And it is now 2 am which i did not set it for, yet for some reason it went off and has been on all night apparently. Floors flooded, water everywhere. I also have it set at auto as i believe that is the proper setting. Does anyone know if i am doing something wrong? I checked the times to make sure it was for pm not am. I've done everything!!! Help!!!

Are you 100 % positive that you dont have any extra times on that you dont know about? And that all of them have the same AM or PM for on and off? is your clock on the timer set correctly? If i were you, i would completely reset the timer and do it over again. Also, its highly recommended that your drainage bucket holds as much or more water that your water res. just incase something like this happens so you dont have flooding.

Are you 100 % positive that you dont have any extra times on that you dont know about? And that all of them have the same AM or PM for on and off? is your clock on the timer set correctly? If i were you, i would completely reset the timer and do it over again. Also, its highly recommended that your drainage bucket holds as much or more water that your water res. just incase something like this happens so you dont have flooding.

I agree 100% - I would definitely reset the timer and if that does not work... Get a new one! That will save you a lot of trouble.

Mary, check your timer settings. I had a customer that had your exact same issue and brought the timer to me at the last reptile show saying that the timer is bad. Sure enough she had 2 programs set properly and then for some reason one of the programs at night had ON time but did not have OFF time. Timer basically turned the pump on and never turned it off until the morning.

ok i will check right now

Yup it shows ok. I have a feeling it has something to do with the week settings as I don't think when you set the time it actually sets it for the whole week does it? I will reset the whole thing and do this one day at a time.Marty is there a setting or button on this thing that I can use to set it the same time for the whole week? I cant figure this thing out.
If I go to hit week it needs to show every day of the week correct? In order for it to run the same way each day?Now i will have to drain my whole cage out again and give it time to dry. But my new setting will be 30 seconds to one minute every 2 hours maybe? I just want to make sure the cage stays around 40-50% humidity and it will if i allow it to mist for at least 3 minute every 3 hours. Being as I have no drainage and depend on the plants and moss to absorb the moisture and it will, if the mister does not run for 3 hours straight like it did the other night lol. So far the humidity has been staying around 47% on average as long as the mister stays on no longer than 3-5 minutes every 3 hours. And the plants have been absorbing the extra moisture and circulating nicely.

Yup it shows ok. I have a feeling it has something to do with the week settings as I don't think when you set the time it actually sets it for the whole week does it? I will reset the whole thing and do this one day at a time.Marty is there a setting or button on this thing that I can use to set it the same time for the whole week? I cant figure this thing out..

It has been a while since I set my timer, however I believe you can set the same schedule for every day of the week. I am sure Marty will know more about MistKing products than me, though! ;)

There are 8 settings

Ok so I have 8 settings, but only need 5 throughout the day, so do i just ignore those other settings or do i start all over again? This is where it gets confusing. And when i go to check my settings for the hundredth time LOL. They seem to show up with the 7 days along top the whole time. do i need to set each day individually? or does this mean it will automatically set for each day if i leave it this way?

Ok so I have 8 settings, but only need 5 throughout the day, so do i just ignore those other settings or do i start all over again? This is where it gets confusing. And when i go to check my settings for the hundredth time LOL. They seem to show up with the 7 days along top the whole time. do i need to set each day individually? or does this mean it will automatically set for each day if i leave it this way?

You don't have to use all of the settings, just ignore the ones you don't want. The most important thing - and what can drive you nuts! - is to check that you have proper start and finish time for each misting session!

I believe that if all days show on screen your misting schedule will run every day of the week; the alternative is to go with the random setting, but I would not recommend that for chameleons.

thanks

Yup this is where the problem lies im sure of it as i cant get the timer set correctly throughout the week.. Every time i hit the week button the time shows ok, up until i hit the end of the timer. Then it goes blank. And i dont know what that means. And why the frig does the timer have several different type of week settings other than 7 days a week. This is whats confusing.

You ignore them. make sure they are not set though for any time.

To Set
Click program, then you set 1st time/date for ON then click program again and set time off. Press Program again to set 2nd misting session day/time ON click program set off . Repeat through your 5 settings. when you are through setting each misting session . TO exit then click Clock that takes you back to current time. Click auto and it should work to your settings.
Sorry if you already had all that part figured out.

i write down what i need

Just to be sure i do it right, i write down the on/off times so that i know when to expect it to go on and off. So far i have it on about 30 minutes after the lights go on. So at 6am it goes on and off at 6:03am then i go to number 2 setting and set it for 9am and off at 9:01 then again at 12pm and off at 1202 and then again at 3pm and off at 302pm and on one last time at 6pm and off at 6:03 pm. The last 3 dont have any settings and as far as I know it does this every day. But it hasn't been, so maybe marty can jump in here and tell me about wether i need to do anything for the weekly settings, as thats what confuses me. I want to make sure it does this 7 days a week. I also have it on auto rather than on or off setting. I wonder if that may be an issue as sometimes it doesn't seem to go on at all. And other times it goes on for ever. I know its something aI dont have right and it may be the weekly setting or maybe the auto?

If you want a particular program to come on certain days only then you just select those days. If you want to run that program every day then make sure all days of the week are lit up. Sorry Xmas is crazy busy at our house, but I'll try to respond whenever I can.

ok i will check right now

the only thing i did not do is to bring myself back to the clock, perhaps that is the problem, i will go make sure i do that this time, thanx for the help

ok think i got it.

I found 2 things i did not do. One was to put it back on clock after setting it, and 2 was one of my settings dd not have all the weeks lit up on it. So I will watch to make sure it goes off at the proper times.
meanwhile here are some pics. ENJOY

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm283/mitzi1956/IMG_0827.jpg
my cage

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm283/mitzi1956/IMG_1002.jpg
my moss

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm283/mitzi1956/IMG_1016.jpg
my male panther

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm283/mitzi1956/IMG_0399.jpg
my plants

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm283/mitzi1956/IMG_1029.jpg
my female panther

LOL he is

The male is pretty much fired up. LOL I have never seen him with much more coloration so i think thats about it. I could put him in front of the mirror or in next to the female to see if hes any colorful, and take his pic, but i hate to do that to him, i may try it though to see if he has any more coloration. I think i have better pics to put up, as those are awful small.

oops

I meant to say 30 seconds. But as it stands right now i have the mister on for 3 minutes 3x's daily and 1 minute 2 times in between so it basically goes off ever 2 hours and the plants seem to be handling all the moisture and they are beginning to look healthy rather than drowned again. And i hope the chams are able to drink enough. But they are looking ok too. What should i look for in a cham that doesnt get enough water? sunken eyes?

Back
Top Bottom