Chameleon laying on his side

WOW!! And then this just happened!! You guys are right! It is a shed!!

Attachments

• E7203819-9F63-4240-9FCA-191916D830CE.jpeg
    E7203819-9F63-4240-9FCA-191916D830CE.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 15
I just added 5 crickets to his terrarium and he propped himself up with interest. He does look unstable to me though. He is a bit wobbly. Here are some pictures.
So from these pics I am seeing MBD in the front limbs... You need to make sure your son is supplementing correctly and has the correct UVB so the MBD does not get worse. The bones will never be straight like they should be but with proper supplementation and UVB they should get stronger and it will stop them from becoming more abnormally shaped.

Unfortunately this is a risk when you buy at an expo.

We will keep an eye on the legs, and I’ll post more pictures once he finishes his shed. Here are some neat ones during the process!

Thank you all for the quick responses! I was a stressed out mama, thinking my son was coming home from school to a dead Chameleon. Glad his graying color was just a shed.

Attachments

• D3AB2444-9E1E-4FB2-807E-40A90FE4BD32.jpeg
    D3AB2444-9E1E-4FB2-807E-40A90FE4BD32.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 15
  • E7F716CD-CAF3-4931-92FB-912FA5D034D6.jpeg
    E7F716CD-CAF3-4931-92FB-912FA5D034D6.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 15
So from these pics I am seeing MBD in the front limbs... You need to make sure your son is supplementing correctly and has the correct UVB so the MBD does not get worse. The bones will never be straight like they should be but with proper supplementation and UVB they should get stronger and it will stop them from becoming more abnormally shaped.

Thank you, I will make sure he looks up all the information about MBD and the supplements needed.

We will keep an eye on the legs, and I’ll post more pictures once he finishes his shed. Here are some neat ones during the process!

Thank you all for the quick responses! I was a stressed out mama, thinking my son was coming home from school to a dead Chameleon. Glad his graying color was just a shed.
Poor guy has the itchy, itchy.

Looks like he is about to shed. When he completes the shed I would love to see some more pics of his limbs. One looks like early MBD by the bend in his front right arm. But hard to tell with the angle and the color change from the incoming shed.
I totally agree with this. In the first few pictures, It looks like he was shedding/about to shed. This picture here looks like his right back leg has MBD:
Screenshot 2024-01-18 4.52.02 PM.png

I bought my first chameleon, Yoshi from a Reptile Expo. He was a rescue, blind in one eye, and we think he passed due to a parasite he got when he was still with the breeder. Unfortunately, some breeders don't take very good care of their chameleons, but hopefully your breeder took better care of your son's chameleon!!!

Back
Top Bottom