Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

He scared the crap out of me!

He's clearly fine, I put him up to bask and there were no red flags, but wow my heart, lol.

Found so many hidden poops I'll need to clean later. Good to see he's having no issues there
Oh I understand that and why . That never ends even if you did not lose the girls but that makes everything so much worse .

He looks to be doing great from what you are posting . Eating , drinking , basking , pooping .

I think he's not a big fan of the roaches and is scavenging for food. I may have to stop at a petsmart and pick up some small crickets for him until next paycheck, or look for another way to present the roaches to him.

Otherwise he is doing really well. He's nice and plump again today. His urates I'm seeing are still white. I've never seen him sitting with his eyes closed or rubbing his eyes on anything. I've observed him cleaning his eyes when I first got him when the mist was going off

He was clinging to the screen door so I took him on his first trip outside, and boy was he nervous.
Didn't help my elderly neighbor pulled up as I was out there yelling WHAT ARE YOU HOLDING?? and proceeded to come over. I told her he was scared so she did keep her distance.

Overall he had an experience. He was clearly fearful, and I let him play in the sapling, and he just kept running down the trunk as fast as he could. I didn't want to stress with photos, too, but I got these.

IMAG4119.jpg IMAG4122.jpg

He was clinging to the screen door so I took him on his first trip outside, and boy was he nervous.
Didn't help my elderly neighbor pulled up as I was out there yelling WHAT ARE YOU HOLDING?? and proceeded to come over. I told her he was scared so she did keep her distance.

Overall he had an experience. He was clearly fearful, and I let him play in the sapling, and he just kept running down the trunk as fast as he could. I didn't want to stress with photos, too, but I got these.

View attachment 188238 View attachment 188239
You will have to set up an out side enclosure. Then V can go out and not be so fearful .

We live in the tourist capital of a his little town sandwich Mass . When I have the babies out side people love taking pics . I have to tell them with Frances back off and keep your phone put away . They must think I'm a nut , but she HATES phones . So I don't really care .

Word on the street is crickets can't jump on stainless steel, so I got V a new dish
1502575661969-1398841136.jpg
So far no one has jumped, even when I stuck my hand in the bowl. Added a few crickets and the roaches he didn't finish.

V already tucked himself into bed, so we'll see how tomorrow morning looks.

I'd be very interested in an outdoor enclosure for V, if not the tents I use for the dragons. If I could make a screened enclosure on wheels that'd be ideal. Perhaps an over the winter project

Word on the street is crickets can't jump on stainless steel, so I got V a new dish
View attachment 188241
So far no one has jumped, even when I stuck my hand in the bowl. Added a few crickets and the roaches he didn't finish.

V already tucked himself into bed, so we'll see how tomorrow morning looks.

I'd be very interested in an outdoor enclosure for V, if not the tents I use for the dragons. If I could make a screened enclosure on wheels that'd be ideal. Perhaps an over the winter project
Rolling would be awesome . Move him to his outdoor that mimics his indoor and Roll him out side . You probably could rig something up to hydrate and he could be out for a few hours safely .

We're the other 2 the ones from the pet stores? I think I saw that. Sorry for your loss :(.

From the looks of it you're doing great now. @Kristen Wilkins is awesome. Glad to see things are on the up. And welcome to the my-cham-won't-eat-these-damn-dubia-and-now-they're-taking-over-my-house-club :)

We're the other 2 the ones from the pet stores? I think I saw that. Sorry for your loss :(.

From the looks of it you're doing great now. @Kristen Wilkins is awesome. Glad to see things are on the up. And welcome to the my-cham-won't-eat-these-damn-dubia-and-now-they're-taking-over-my-house-club :)
Haha, my little guy just walks away from the dubias, then I put crickets in and he goes right for them xD.

Back
Top Bottom