Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

He's so plump!
He had two crickets and five small supers today. I'm just about out of crickets, hence only two, so I harvested a bunch of small dubias for him to try.

So proud he ate those supers from the cup! Last time they all clumped together, got wet from mist with the calcium powder on, and died. Whoops. But this confirms he knows the cup provides food which is great for these dubias

He's so plump!
He had two crickets and five small supers today. I'm just about out of crickets, hence only two, so I harvested a bunch of small dubias for him to try.

So proud he ate those supers from the cup! Last time they all clumped together, got wet from mist with the calcium powder on, and died. Whoops. But this confirms he knows the cup provides food which is great for these dubias
Excellent can't wait to see how the roaches go . At first I thought you said pepper lol . Clearly said supers .

Read the whole thread. Sorry for your losses and good luck with this guy - though it looks like he is doing very well. :)
Thank you!
The girls will be missed very, very much, and I'll never forget them and the joy they brought to me in their short time. They are both buried in my yard with flowers at their resting places, side by side.

V is doing excellent, and I'm very proud and optimistic that he will be with me for a long time. He seems to be thriving and in very good health

8/11/17
11g and a poutty face
IMAG4107.jpg IMAG4108.jpg

Didn't think to measure him and I already put him back as fast as I could.
He doesn't seem thrilled about the dubia. I put maybe 8 small ones in there and 5 are left. They may need to be offered in another manner, like a small, flat, slippery dish or by hand

To me it was the look of "why are you making me stand on this gross cup?? Clean it!"

He actually did really well being handled, though I kept it short. He wasn't hyper active and trying to run, just gripped and walked slowly

So he polished off the remainder of those dubia roaches this morning, so they can't be that bad.

I've been hanging out in his room, trying to observe his day to day life, but he knows I'm here and is just kind of hiding. I have a small sofa across the room from his enclosure I've just been laying on, being sure not to just stare at him.

I observed him in the mist, which was basically him just sitting there, hugging a vine, and looking around. I finally siphoned out the water in the reservoir after a week and wow that holds a lot of water. I'll need to do that more often, though.

I put 16 small roaches in the cup now, and am just laying on the sofa, waiting to see if I can observe him eating, but he's lost somewhere in his mini rainforest.
1502548705086-1015309678.jpg 1502548745950-1650971911.jpg 1502548803888515600125.jpg 1502548847434-1789431706.jpg 15025488723641071123571.jpg

So he polished off the remainder of those dubia roaches this morning, so they can't be that bad.

I've been hanging out in his room, trying to observe his day to day life, but he knows I'm here and is just kind of hiding. I have a small sofa across the room from his enclosure I've just been laying on, being sure not to just stare at him.

I observed him in the mist, which was basically him just sitting there, hugging a vine, and looking around. I finally siphoned out the water in the reservoir after a week and wow that holds a lot of water. I'll need to do that more often, though.

I put 16 small roaches in the cup now, and am just laying on the sofa, waiting to see if I can observe him eating, but he's lost somewhere in his mini rainforest.
View attachment 188213 View attachment 188214 View attachment 188215 View attachment 188216 View attachment 188217
Wow, I can't believe he ate dubias! He is doing fantastic, enjoy that little guy. :D

View attachment 188213 View attachment 188214 View attachment 188215 View attachment 188216 View attachment 188217
V probably thinking you know I can see you over there CLEARLY !!.

I took an accidental nap and just woke up, went to check on V, and could not, for the life of me, find him. I was looking for over 15 minutes with a flash light pen in the super dense areas. I turned the mist on to try and get movement, still nothing.

Eventually I saw his little tail peeking out between the pothos pot and umbrella plant pots and my heart sank. I moved the pothos and he turned to look at me, and when I lifted him, he started running up the side of the enclosure.

I'm really unsure why he was down there, and he was chilly :( perhaps he was hunting an escaped bug?

I took an accidental nap and just woke up, went to check on V, and could not, for the life of me, find him. I was looking for over 15 minutes with a flash light pen in the super dense areas. I turned the mist on to try and get movement, still nothing.

Eventually I saw his little tail peeking out between the pothos pot and umbrella plant pots and my heart sank. I moved the pothos and he turned to look at me, and when I lifted him, he started running up the side of the enclosure.

I'm really unsure why he was down there, and he was chilly :( perhaps he was hunting an escaped bug?
He could have been or he could have been simply patrolling .

He scared the crap out of me!

He's clearly fine, I put him up to bask and there were no red flags, but wow my heart, lol.

Found so many hidden poops I'll need to clean later. Good to see he's having no issues there

Back
Top Bottom