Preparing for my first chameleon, tips appreciated

Both, but mainly in general. Like If i were to clip and start rooting one today, how would it look in a couple of months (assuming in proper lighting and humidity/water)

If V flourishes and say I would be interested in setting up a second enclosure, how long would it be until that clipping is a fullblown plant. I assume a few years

Both, but mainly in general. Like If i were to clip and start rooting one today, how would it look in a couple of months (assuming in proper lighting and humidity/water)

If V flourishes and say I would be interested in setting up a second enclosure, how long would it be until that clipping is a fullblown plant. I assume a few years
About a year maybe a bit more that it's huge .

So I let him enjoy the window pothos a bit and I think he had fun, but he insisted on climbing up and trying to grab the slippery curtain rod, so it was a little short lived. He seemed interested though.

IMAG4094.jpg

Yeah his little face has been flakey. His tail looks like it may be next.

I think nerves played a role as he was very excited for his enclosure. I think the experience was good though. Just handling in small bits, then back to relax

I created a little monster.

I took him out again and held him for about an hour, thinking he'd settle down and maybe sleep. Nope.
He spent the entire time trying to get to the big window, and I just put him to bed and he refused to go back in the enclosure, opting to turn around and run back up my arm. I had to eventually force him, and he had his little pjs on already. Cute little neon underbelly and chin, and a spotted back.

He was clinging to the screen last I saw.
Such a little cutie. He's opening up a little

O

I took him out again and held him for about an hour, thinking he'd settle down and maybe sleep. Nope.
He spent the entire time trying to get to the big window, and I just put him to bed and he refused to go back in the enclosure, opting to turn around and run back up my arm. I had to eventually force him, and he had his little pjs on already. Cute little neon underbelly and chin, and a spotted back.

the boy is going to be like Septiceye lol . My Septiceye love's loves big space . He does the same when going back to his enclosure . Then he proceeds to climb the front door screen pushing his little nose trying to open the door . He's so friendly and sweet . He thinks everyone is his and an extension of a tree . Other keeper might ask what's wrong with his enclosure that he does not want to be in there . It's a 24x24x48 dragon strand full to the hilt !!. We added more Cruiseing spaces and another potho's recently . He was jumping off things . He like space .

He had the moments of oh this is scary, to curiosity, to weeeeeeeeee. We'll see if he's a little less nervous maybe this weekend, I still don't want to over handle, but I do hope he enjoys being out.

Nothing has to be wrong for them to want MORE space. It may just be like taking a kid to a park. Yeah the house is fun, but the PARK!

Wow! He's doing so good! My little guy wont even let me get close to him.

I figure even though he hasn't even been here a week, I wanted to get him familiar with handling, and as I was discussing with Kristen, I wasn't him to associate handling with rewards, so figure I'd start tonight. He even met the cat which I thought would really stress him out, nope. Unphased.

He had the moments of oh this is scary, to curiosity, to weeeeeeeeee. We'll see if he's a little less nervous maybe this weekend, I still don't want to over handle, but I do hope he enjoys being out.

Nothing has to be wrong for them to want MORE space. It may just be like taking a kid to a park. Yeah the house is fun, but the PARK!
Yes definitely don't want to stress the little dude . Stress equals illness . If he likes space fantastic . Agreed on enclosure being good beyound him just likeing space it's good .

What you are experiencing Is common . Septiceye is exceptional and that has everything to do with @Matt Vanilla Gorilla . We have fallowed what we have been told by Matt . Frances is not as friendly. More so in her condo. That's hers and no ones to be in there under no circumstance . She will come out if she wants to . The key is not to Force . The sec one forces all headway is over . I'm not an expert we have been keeping chameleons for just over a year and only have had 2 . The one thing I can say 100% don't make them do what they don't want to do and know there signals , don't push . Your a good keeper you already know your boys signals and stressers . The rest will come .

I figure even though he hasn't even been here a week, I wanted to get him familiar with handling, and as I was discussing with Kristen, I wasn't him to associate handling with rewards, so figure I'd start tonight. He even met the cat which I thought would really stress him out, nope. Unphased.
Frances is like that . She just looks at the boys like oh my your foolish lol .

Back
Top Bottom