Pothos wilting?

Geckoflora

I'm hoping there are other people here with pothos experience who might be able to give me some insight here!

I just moved into a new apartment this last Monday, and it seems like ever since then one of the pothos plants in my panther chameleon's enclosure has started wilting a lot and some of the leaves are yellowing.

I can't really figure out why- the soil has been dry when I've felt it so I keep watering it. I assume if the soil is dry (even on top) it can't be over-watering causing the wilting? But I've never had to water it very much in the past because I have a misting system that mostly takes care of it.

I'm assuming it must be something to do with the move but I can't figure it out. It wasn't repotted or anything, gets probably the same amount of sunlight, and is only in a slightly warmer room than before. I also recently upgraded my 75w heat bulb to a 100w heat bulb a few days before the move. But there is another pothos in the cage that seems to be doing as well as ever, so I'm a little confused as to what the issue is.

I thought it would perk up by now if it was just dehydrated, but despite watering it more for the last couple of days it's still looking sadder every day. Anyone have any tips?

I use some plant food occasionally (not sure which brand, didn't bring it to my apartment yet), but usually not a lot. It was repotted more recently than the other pothos in the cage and both have been given the same amount of plant food, but the other pothos is doing totally fine.

Ive been fertilising my plants with fish tank filter water. All natural and amazing for plants. I just try to make sure it doesnt get on leaves dont want my panther drinking that grossness

Is this a joke? Please say it is...

Nope, its totally safe if you research it youll know.
Ive only done it 1ce though when my plants werent doing well

Obviously you need to make sure there is no problems with your aquarium such as sick fish and stuff

Last edited:
Pothos LOVE water! They will even establish roots from a cutting in simple tap water. I would goes there are roots exposed somewhere, or the plant is just really stressed. A couple times a year, they will yellow and drop lots of leaves, but it still shouldn't be wilted. Check the roots.

Nope, its totally safe if you research it youll know.
Ive only done it 1ce though when my plants werent doing well

Obviously you need to make sure there is no problems with your aquarium such as sick fish and stuff
I find that hard to believe but if you say so. Can you post the links you used so I can read up on it?

I find that hard to believe but if you say so. Can you post the links you used so I can read up on it?

Its mainly generations of common knowledge from my genius of a cousin, parents and grandparents and of course some research years ago.. but as @lennincham suggested.. it takes seconds to pull up thousands of things related to it

I’ve had both hydroponic and aquaponic systems before, as a matter of fact the 48” 4 bulb T5 I have on top of one of my vivs is an old grow light.

What I’m asking you is how can pumping raw fish sewage into your chams viv be a good thing? Even you said “don’t want my panther drinking that grossness.”
7ADD2249-7C3F-4185-A4EC-39011F1CB3C8.jpeg

As long as it goes through the dirt im okay with that... good for plants..and no way he can reach the water under the soil.

This whole thing is about plants, im not putting the aquarium water into a spray bottle and soaking him down

As long as it goes through the dirt im okay with that... good for plants..and no way he can reach the water under the soil.

This whole thing is about plants, im not putting the aquarium water into a spray bottle and soaking him down
But you do understand that the bacteria doesn’t stay in the water, some will remain on whatever it touches. Whatever that water touches is contaminated. So if your Cham ever walks over that spot the bacteria will be transferred to him. What’s going to happen when one of his feeders crawls through that and then he eats them? It’s your cham and you can do as you please but jeez man... this is stupid. You said you’ve only done it one time, Please don’t make it a part of your routine. I don’t want to see anything happen to your Cham or have any newby come through here and think this is acceptable. It can’t end well...

I totally hear you... and yes ive done it once... 2 oz of water in the plant... in an open screened cage.. which got misted down 100x times after and then placed river rocks on.. i just think your blowing it way out of proportion

What i meant bout good for plants. Was what your post was about.. it doesnt mean i didnt protect my cham in everyway i can think of from anything unlikely but possibly going wrong. Same as if i tried anything new like added bagged fertz

Last edited:
I totally hear you... and yes ive done it once... 2 oz of water in the plant... in an open screened cage.. which got misted down 100x times after and then placed river rocks on.. i just think your blowing it way out of proportion

What i meant bout good for plants. Was what your post was about.. it doesnt mean i didnt protect my cham in everyway i can think of from anything unlikely but possibly going wrong
Maybe, but I don’t think I am. Help me understand, what do you call “filter water?” Because when I think of an aquarium filter I think of all that green goo that reeks.

Maybe, but I don’t think I am. Help me understand, what do you call “filter water?” Because when I think of an aquarium filter I think of all that green goo that reeks.

Noooo, no sludge stuff. Just water. You really just need the phosphorus/potassium/and the nitrates. Which comes from a established cycled tank

Noooo, no sludge stuff. Just water. You really just need the phosphorus/potassium/and the nitrates. Which comes from a established cycled tank
O. That’s not so bad then, but still don’t like the idea. I was thinking that you were taking the stuff from the filter, mixing it with water, and then pouring it on the plants.

Back
Top Bottom