Poppi and Prometheus are growing like weeds!

HolyToledo

This is Poppi from May 31, 2012 right after getting her:

full

This is her August 11, 2012:

full

It is harder to tell because he is such a beast about being looked at, let alone maybe touched or photographed! But, here he is on July 16, 2012:

full

And if you compare him to the size of the vine you can see that he is getting bigger in this pic from August 11, 2012:

full

Since it is so hard to tell, I decided to take a picture of him next to my hand for future reference. Of course he wasn't happy about it:

full

And, I thought his skin looked really dry in the pic so was keeping a pretty close eye on him and gave him an extra long misting. No wonder he looked dry. Here he is just a few hours later:

full

So, that is the progress report on the babies. Will post more pics in another couple of months. Otherwise, you can keep up with them on their blog... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, Poppi has grown! And I love the behind the branch pictures of Prometheus - too cute!

D3s5 - That behind the branch thing is what he always does when anyone goes anywhere near his cage! That or run for the hills. :) I had to put my hand under him to get him back upright on the vine to take his pic and, as usual, put your hand anywhere close to him and he hisses and snaps at or bites. I was just surprised he was a nice green for his pic instead of darker greens to brown!

Trillian - Sorry to say that Poppi barely ever pops anymore. :( I guess it really is a good thing that I don't upset her enough to do it all the time like she used to. I thought maybe she had given it up completely but when the step-daughter came to visit, Poppi still popped at her. LOL So, I guess it's not a lost art, I just don't get to hear it usually.

They are so cute Jackie and growing up so fast. Do you ever give Prometheus any out of the cage time? Sometimes they come around outside of the cage and with some interaction from their keeper. It just might take some time.

JannB - Since he has been having some problems shedding on that one foot, I do have to handle him at least after every shed. So, yes, at least once or twice a week, we take him out and handle him.

He does calm down some after a little bit and at least for now, it doesn't hurt when he bites. After he calms down, he gets rewarded with a bit of real sunshine while he hangs out on Twister's old bamboo plant. I know he loves that, Poppi does too (not out at the same time though).

But, when it is time to go back in and I reach toward him, the nastiness starts all over again. I am hoping he will get over it but I am beginning to have my doubts. Although, he did finally eat out of his cricket bin while I was holding it! Won't have anything to do with the food bowl while I hold it though. I guess if he can see my fingers, that is too close. If I am holding the bowl though he won't eat and keeps a closer eye on me than he does on what is in it, but he doesn't hiss and snap either. So, there is some progress. Baby steps are better than no steps, huh?

Back
Top Bottom