Panther M 2 Years Old - Something off

I think his numbers sound perfect, I feel that weight to exercising ratio, Is more important. Some of my boys weigh over 200, but are also 19 inches long tip to tip. They may be a tad overweight, but they are out exercising everyday on my track, aren't we all maybe a tiny tad too overweight, especially after all that yummy Xmas food, lol.
That's just my 2 cents anyways.
Dr. Greek calls my boys perfect specimens.😅
Let us know what your vets feedback is on the ointment I wrote about earlier. It'll be interesting to compare "notes"
I watched a live with Bill and Dr Greek and he said he would be willing to consult with other vets if needed. Maybe he would be willing to help with your boys eye?

Yes I do, have avoided horn worms except 3 times when on his meds to keep him hydrated better

Here is what today looked like, the reason I had the 3p mist was that drop below 50 was happening around then. Temps look nice though View attachment 349393
So the numbers look good.

Per the weight... I would keep him on the diet... Maybe go to 3 feeders 3 days a week. Hornworms are sacks of water really so do not worry about avoiding feeding them.

So the numbers look good.

Per the weight... I would keep him on the diet... Maybe go to 3 feeders 3 days a week. Hornworms are sacks of water really so do not worry about avoiding feeding them.
Awesome, I've been doing the diet :) I always knew the horn worms were good for water always thought they were fatty too so I was avoiding them! Good to know I can mix in to the rotation occasionally. My LFS sells them 1.50 per and that sounds pretty hefty lol their Dubai's are 1/ per what's walls rates locally? I haven't had shipments on bugs except hornworms, dubia.com seems to be popular for online bugs. I really hate crickets so I'd like to get out of them and try grasshoppers but I dont wanna overwhelm myself trying to do too much at once lol

I called my vet Dr Fredricks and left a VM for her, hoping she's willing to discuss the issue at least and entertain looking up the meds for Grif. I will ask her about the consulting with Dr Greek too! I mean I think overall they'd benefit from learning more about better care for how to treat chameleons. She doesn't seem completely unaware of chameleons either.

(off topic but good to know) My middle Govee sensor stopped reading temps a couple days ago, I made a ticket in govee app and they are sending me a replacement one without even troubleshooting the issue! So if anyone else runs in to that, try the support option it was super easy

Awesome, I've been doing the diet :) I always knew the horn worms were good for water always thought they were fatty too so I was avoiding them! Good to know I can mix in to the rotation occasionally. My LFS sells them 1.50 per and that sounds pretty hefty lol their Dubai's are 1/ per what's walls rates locally? I haven't had shipments on bugs except hornworms, dubia.com seems to be popular for online bugs. I really hate crickets so I'd like to get out of them and try grasshoppers but I dont wanna overwhelm myself trying to do too much at once lol

I called my vet Dr Fredricks and left a VM for her, hoping she's willing to discuss the issue at least and entertain looking up the meds for Grif. I will ask her about the consulting with Dr Greek too! I mean I think overall they'd benefit from learning more about better care for how to treat chameleons. She doesn't seem completely unaware of chameleons either.

(off topic but good to know) My middle Govee sensor stopped reading temps a couple days ago, I made a ticket in govee app and they are sending me a replacement one without even troubleshooting the issue! So if anyone else runs in to that, try the support option it was super easy
I order almost all my bugs through dubia.com. Better prices than anything you can find locally even with the shipping cost. I order them smaller so they stay smaller longer for me.

Govee sensors will also need their batteries switched out. Normally I have to do this every 9 months or so. They will stop updating on the app and once you switch the battery they reconnect to the app.

I order almost all my bugs through dubia.com. Better prices than anything you can find locally even with the shipping cost. I order them smaller so they stay smaller longer for me.

Govee sensors will also need their batteries switched out. Normally I have to do this every 9 months or so. They will stop updating on the app and once you switch the battery they reconnect to the app.
Mine was only a monthish old and was connecting to the app and just not giving data. YOLO free replacement :D

I've now left 2 voicemails for my vet with no return calls :(

Grif still pretty much follows the same pattern, active in mornings, by mid day, eyes closed, moves a little and opens eyes if I'm near by, and does that the rest of day. He does seem to be reacting less to the light LED bars that were added in, could've just been an adjustment period. I'm still not running at 100% for him yet, I have it peak at 80%, ramp down to 60% by 4pm then to 0 by 630

Grif still pretty much follows the same pattern, active in mornings, by mid day, eyes closed, moves a little and opens eyes if I'm near by, and does that the rest of day. He does seem to be reacting less to the light LED bars that were added in, could've just been an adjustment period. I'm still not running at 100% for him yet, I have it peak at 80%, ramp down to 60% by 4pm then to 0 by 630
It may be a lot of light for him. He can get pretty close to them as well since your basking level is not dropped down all the way.

Shoot I hope you hear from them soon.

Grif is scheduled for a second opinion after consulting with Sean McZoo who is in the same area as me, I'm visiting Avon Lake Animal Clinic in Cleveland OH. The appointment is with Dr Graham as Dr Kupka was booked until middle of next month! They said that Dr Graham can consult with Dr Kupka if needed, so fingers crossed we figure out what's going on with that left eye!!! I will keep everyone updated

edit: update: my Vet ended up calling me after 3 voicemails to tell me that I couldn't ask the vet question and I'd have to be seen again.

Grif is scheduled for a second opinion after consulting with Sean McZoo who is in the same area as me, I'm visiting Avon Lake Animal Clinic in Cleveland OH. The appointment is with Dr Graham as Dr Kupka was booked until middle of next month! They said that Dr Graham can consult with Dr Kupka if needed, so fingers crossed we figure out what's going on with that left eye!!! I will keep everyone updated

edit: update: my Vet ended up calling me after 3 voicemails to tell me that I couldn't ask the vet question and I'd have to be seen again.
Make sure you give @elizaann2 the info on the new vet if you have a good experience. Then she can add it to the vet list she has been working on.

Well, they flushed his eye out, it did not come out. They are now sedating him to see if there is something stuck in there. I’m up here hanging out in the parking lot for 2 hours or so. Please keep your fingers crossed for little Grif being poked and prodded and they relieve his eye issue 😕 I’ll update everyone once I hear something!

Well, they flushed his eye out, it did not come out. They are now sedating him to see if there is something stuck in there. I’m up here hanging out in the parking lot for 2 hours or so. Please keep your fingers crossed for little Grif being poked and prodded and they relieve his eye issue 😕 I’ll update everyone once I hear something!
Uggg I feel your stress. Never ever easy to deal with when it comes to the waiting. Wishing him the best and that they resolve whatever is causing the issue.

Griffin has a ruptured cornea / tumor and I can’t afford the surgery so i had to surrender him to the vet. She said she will do the surgery and keep him since I can’t afford the surgery to remove his eye. He’s in a lot of pain and he needs his eye removed. I feel so awful 😭 I just want him to not be in pain and I felt like me taking him home to be in pain wasn’t fair. Thank You for all your help. I’m a mess

Really wish I had an extra 2000 dollars right now so I didn’t have to do that. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful to me and him. I’m so sad and upset. At least he will still be able to be alive and taken care of by a vet. 😭😭😭

Griffin has a ruptured cornea / tumor and I can’t afford the surgery so i had to surrender him to the vet. She said she will do the surgery and keep him since I can’t afford the surgery to remove his eye. He’s in a lot of pain and he needs his eye removed. I feel so awful 😭 I just want him to not be in pain and I felt like me taking him home to be in pain wasn’t fair. Thank You for all your help. I’m a mess

Really wish I had an extra 2000 dollars right now so I didn’t have to do that. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful to me and him. I’m so sad and upset. At least he will still be able to be alive and taken care of by a vet. 😭😭😭
Sorry to hear about Grif's eye issue. You have shown Grif the definition of ultimate love by surrendering him to the Vet for treatment. You will miss Grif but you'll also know he is well cared for.

Oh, Nate! I'm so sorry to hear this. It's awful. I had something similar happen with a chinchilla with crazy unexpected dental issues. It's the worst feeling. You have done the best thing you can for him. I'm sure Grif feels the love. ❤️

I am so sorry to hear this... But I want you to know that you had such a good outcome for him even though it does not feel like it. You took him to a Vet that knows chameleons and was totally willing to take him into their home and give him the surgery. For most of us that is never an option. You put him first and he will get the care he needs. I am very sorry you are going through this loss though. I know unexpected things like this with chams can be devastating.

Back
Top Bottom