Poop quetion for Adult Male Panther

BMXICAN

Hello, I just recently got a male panther and he is very chill, and eats well, and loves to be sprayed in the mouth (so he drinks). Yesterday I smelled the worst (and only) chameleon crap I've ever smelled. It was horrible. Luckily he was outside.

I took a picture of it before I cleaned it up. Just wondering if it's healthy poop or not. It was greenish and a little watery... Just want to make sure he is OK. Thanks for your time! :D

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

Has he ever had a fecal done to test for parasites? He is a very nice looking panther, post more pics :)

I am not sure but there are parts that look like it is orange. This would be a sign of dehydration. Also it looks pretty runny. It is always like that?

OPI

parasites are probably a good guess, but also, if im not mistaken you bought the male that was for sale at LLLReptile, I check what chams they have available almost everyday, and he was only for sale two days before you bought him, so unless they quarantined him before they put him up for sale, he could also be extremely stressed from the frequent shipping also. Just a guess, but I'm not sure of course.

hope you get as much help as you can!
Dylan

Cham poop isn't supposed to smell. If it smells bad you need to get his feces to a vet to see what's in his gut.

I agree!
noxious odor and runny feces is a good sign for you to have a fecal float test.
Get the fresh batch of poo and give it to your vet to be examined.

I have to deal with the poo of several chameleons every day and have never dealt with a stinker. It also shouldn't be so watery. I would get a fecal float done asap and make sure you keep him away from any other animals you have, and wash your hands each time you handle him or touch anything in his enclosure.

Thanks for the help and kind words. I'll keep an eye on his poop, if it stinks again and is runny, I'll get a poop test. Any good herp doctors in Vista, CA?
So orange poop (like when it looks like a superworm) is dehydration? If so, maybe I need a misting system...

Thanks for the help. Oh, here are a few more pictures. Thanks!

PS: Yes, I got him from LLL.

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

Thanks for the help and kind words. I'll keep an eye on his poop, if it stinks again and is runny, I'll get a poop test. Any good herp doctors in Vista, CA?
So orange poop (like when it looks like a superworm) is dehydration? If so, maybe I need a misting system...

Thanks for the help. Oh, here are a few more pictures. Thanks!

PS: Yes, I got him from LLL.

DSC01184.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

Very pretty guy! If the urate (the white part) looks orange or yellowed, it is a sign of dehydration. I'm sure your guy is dehydrated after all of the shipping, especially if LLL had only had him a few days before shipping him to you. He is probably also stressed. If you have been feeding him super worms and you see parts in his poo that look like bits of super worm, that is normal. If he is pooping out whole insects undigested, that is abnormal. He's really lovely, congrats on your new arrival!

Very pretty guy! If the urate (the white part) looks orange or yellowed, it is a sign of dehydration. I'm sure your guy is dehydrated after all of the shipping, especially if LLL had only had him a few days before shipping him to you. He is probably also stressed. If you have been feeding him super worms and you see parts in his poo that look like bits of super worm, that is normal. If he is pooping out whole insects undigested, that is abnormal. He's really lovely, congrats on your new arrival!

Thank you. I live quite close to LLL so I picked him up. Most of my chams eat LOTS of superworms and that is what this Panther (dubbed Nemo), has been eating mostly.

He eats about 6 a day... I'll keep an eye out for more "issues". He was VERY thirsty when I got him. I sprayed his mouth with water for like 20 minutes almost!

Back
Top Bottom