Political News From Madagascar

I have got all my digits crossed that that country can stabilize politically to allow them to concentrate on humanity (food, lumber and others) and conservation issues.

What a cluster****. And for it to happen to one of the most unique places on the planet just adds to the sadness. Lets invade it and remove all people to the mainland. Turn it into a world heritage site......

Joking aside that article implies stability is not on the horizon

What a cluster****. And for it to happen to one of the most unique places on the planet just adds to the sadness. Lets invade it and remove all people to the mainland. Turn it into a world heritage site......

Joking aside that article implies stability is not on the horizon

It is not necessarily the people the Malagasy are a tribal people attempting to become modernized. Some difficulty should be expected to convert to a modern form of government. We have got to intervene/stop them the best we can destroying and ruining all their natural wonders and bio diversities during this process.

More good news. The African Union has declared all three: Mrs. Ravalomanana, Rajoelina, and Ratsiraka illegitimate and unlikely to be officially recognized. Sad face

More good news. The African Union has declared all three: Mrs. Ravalomanana, Rajoelina, and Ratsiraka illegitimate and unlikely to be officially recognized. Sad face

Some countries could use much less of a dose of disaster! Especially countries that have got as many natural riches as Madagascar does.

Last edited:
We can ***** all we want but nothing is gonna get better until the native people realize what a paradise they live in and that the fauna there country holds is some of the most unique and prized in the world. Instead of making a bunch of farms why don't they devote certain parts of the country to large city's and leave the rest to natural populations and tourism centers. How can we even help these people understand what there destroying and how far is to far as much as making there decisions for them goes?

We can ***** all we want but nothing is gonna get better until the native people realize what a paradise they live in and that the fauna there country holds is some of the most unique and prized in the world. Instead of making a bunch of farms why don't they devote certain parts of the country to large city's and leave the rest to natural populations and tourism centers. How can we even help these people understand what there destroying and how far is to far as much as making there decisions for them goes?

There are many world organizations that are attempting to help the Madagascar government with these issues. It is just difficult to make any progress when the Malagasy government is in a state of political instability. During the times the Malagasy government was somewhat stable the conservation efforts in Madagascar were being considered on the road to recovery in regards to wildlife conservation. Until the government is somewhat stable not much progress can not be expected to happen in regards to extensive wildlife conservation. I think the Malagasy people understand that they have got a spectacular wildlife heritage that is a treasure to the rest of the world. They just have got many problems about how to maintain and manage this spectacular treasure they have got.

Last edited:
Not that it is happening here very much but we need to be careful in our judgments about the Malagasy people. I think that considering the circumstances they are doing well and I really do hope to see more stability so greater change might be possible.

I live in a place (California) that at one time was a veritable masterpiece of nature with lush temperate rainforests, wetlands, vernal pools, beauty and diversity to challenge anything this world has to offer. Most of it is gone now. And our first world stable government continues to approve mining it out, paving it over, logging it, and farming it. And were not at risk of starving but a few dollars certainly can let you destroy habitat. In trying to save a native tree frog people were outraged because that would mean fewer stocked fisheries where they could make money selling to tourist fishermen.

My point is the problem is very deep and spans the globe, the current political instability is a very small part of the issue.

Not that it is happening here very much but we need to be careful in our judgments about the Malagasy people. I think that considering the circumstances they are doing well and I really do hope to see more stability so greater change might be possible.

I live in a place (California) that at one time was a veritable masterpiece of nature with lush temperate rainforests, wetlands, vernal pools, beauty and diversity to challenge anything this world has to offer. Most of it is gone now. And our first world stable government continues to approve mining it out, paving it over, logging it, and farming it. And were not at risk of starving but a few dollars certainly can let you destroy habitat. In trying to save a native tree frog people were outraged because that would mean fewer stocked fisheries where they could make money selling to tourist fishermen.

My point is the problem is very deep and spans the globe, the current political instability is a very small part of the issue.

Exactly however by knowing what we know now in advance and having the world spotlight on Madagascar now not just conservation efforts in California on central valley conservation. We as a world community are in a position are to conserve many more habitats and ecosystems and learn from what happened here in the central California well in advance. Even then we still have got got a couple of conservation accomplishments in the Sacramento area such as the Consumnes River Preserve, Butte Creek and ecosystems on the California Delta. I think the world conservation community has the capacities and are in a position to conserve and restore many habitats and ecosystems in Madagascar. Chance prefers the prepared.

Back
Top Bottom