please help

chamilionare

hello, im new to this forum, and i will be getting a vailed chameleon this tuesday, ive been working on is cage setup and got some branches form outside, now i really like these branches because they are curley and look like vines, ive noticed they have black spots on them, i cut one to see if it was just on the outer bark but its inside the branch too
i was wondering of they are safe to put in his cage. is there any way i can see if its some kind of bad bacteria?

also these branches are way to big to boil or cook or soak them. is it ok to just scrub them really good with bleach?

thank you

Never done it myself, but I've heard of some people soaking there branches to clean them then baking them in the oven to dry them and kill anything that may be there. Usually, I just make sure I get them from a pesticide free tree or plant then power wash them and let them dry out. I've never had a problem.

i have heard of the soaking and cooking method but they are way to big i had already scrubbed them with bleach, ill think ill just wash them really good

thank you guys!! :)

Back
Top Bottom