Playing around...

Was playing around with my camera tonight. Decided to try out some more remote flash lighting and using a white drop. This isn't a soft box... so the lighting is straight from the flash. I was using my 550EX on slave mode and using my ring flash .

This is Betty.

KevinZamp02_03_20101261.jpg

KevinZamp02_03_20101263.jpg

KevinZamp02_03_20101264.jpg

and Pat.

KevinZamp02_03_20101272.jpg

KevinZamp02_03_20101269.jpg

Not bad!

I like the third pic the best, mainly because your entire subject is in focus. Otherwise only thing I would suggest is composition. Due to alignment of your subject half remains in focus and half is distorted... which I find, eh.

Overall not bad with the lighting, though the melleri pics look a little washed out.

Try a flash diffuser.

Overall I still liked em, that carpet cham is stunning :)

Wow Stunning Shots!

I love the last one the Best. Maybe give the Frame a little space on the left, so it looks like he is looking at something in that direction and crop the top just a tad bit. Rule of Thirds. Creative Criticism, I hope you don't take it the wrong way.

Diffuser is a Wonderful tool, I think that the lighting on the last shot is Spot on. I would have entered that in a Contest.

I love the pictures Kevin, I have nothing to offer except your chams are beautiful & the pictures are perfect to my untrained eye.:)

Thanks guys! Keeping Pat still was hard! lol the paper I was shooting him against wasn't that big... so if he moved the paper wasn't behind him anymore.... gotta make a better white box.

I might shoot some more chams tonight :D

Thanks guys! Keeping Pat still was hard! lol the paper I was shooting him against wasn't that big... so if he moved the paper wasn't behind him anymore.... gotta make a better white box.

I might shoot some more chams tonight :D

Why would you shoot them? What did they ever do to you? Lol, Just kidding! Good pictures, I didn't know you were working with Carpet Chameleons, all look great!

Nice pictures Kevin. Betty is beautiful! Looks like she has some serious claws, hopefully she will use them to dig and bury those eggs. The second pix of her looks like she's saying "Dang, he saw me trying to escape" LOL

I love the last picture of Pat!! I really like how in focus his eye is and the rest of his body is a little out of focus! You have some beautiful chameleons!

Nice pictures Kevin. Betty is beautiful! Looks like she has some serious claws, hopefully she will use them to dig and bury those eggs. The second pix of her looks like she's saying "Dang, he saw me trying to escape" LOL

DUDE! She dropped three eggs today! two hit the bottom of the cage and got sopping wet... another landed in her scheflera and didn't get soaked. I prepped the egg laying bin and put her into it just now. I know it's late... but she'll be ready for digging in the morning if she doesn't start now.

HOLY SMOKES!!! :eek::eek: Had a big scare... I went to check on betty and she managed to climb out of the laying bin and decided to take a hike....:eek:

after about 15 minutes of looking around I found her sitting on a shelf below the cages. I was pretty worried for a few minutes because of the free range melleri vs. her... since none of the melleri seemed bothered by an alien chameleon I figured she didn't head for the free range and crawled around on the ground looking for her. :rolleyes:

HOLY SMOKES!!! :eek::eek: Had a big scare... I went to check on betty and she managed to climb out of the laying bin and decided to take a hike....:eek:

after about 15 minutes of looking around I found her sitting on a shelf below the cages. I was pretty worried for a few minutes because of the free range melleri vs. her... since none of the melleri seemed bothered by an alien chameleon I figured she didn't head for the free range and crawled around on the ground looking for her. :rolleyes:

Holy cow! Is Betty WC?

I picked up betty from LLL a couple of weeks ago. they said someone couldn't keep her anymore and sold her off to them. since she looked ready to pop, I didn't trust they would sell to someone who actually knew something about female chams.... plus she looked great! so I took her home.

BTW that is no slight on LLL... but they can't screen all the people who buy and actually know if the person is any good or just wants a cham with eggs...

Back
Top Bottom