Plants?

I recommend a Epipremnum, it grows fast and gets long but since it's a single vine with leaves it's also ideal to guide it along branches... Another plus is that it's easy to multiply it by making cuttings.

Also a good one to have is the schefflera, they come densely bushed which offers good hiding places for your chameleon, just make sure they are slightly elevated offf the floor and the pot has a hole in it for proper drainage or it will likely get root rot and die off.

If you're looking to add some color to the enclosure the bromelia is a good go to plant, it doesn't offer much climbing possibilities or cover even but the flower is pretty and lasts very long. Maybe not so good to have in smaller enclosures but if you have an open spot to fill in it has a lot of decorative value.

The ficus benjamina is also often recommended but in my experience it loses a lot of leaves, tends to grow trough the mesh and has a sticky milky substance comming out of broken twigs and leaves which is midly toxic and can cause some inconvenience for your veiled (should be nothing leathal) or to you if you're alergic.

Someone should make better work of this page:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/plants/

I recommend a Epipremnum, it grows fast and gets long but since it's a single vine with leaves it's also ideal to guide it along branches... Another plus is that it's easy to multiply it by making cuttings.

Also a good one to have is the schefflera, they come densely bushed which offers good hiding places for your chameleon, just make sure they are slightly elevated offf the floor and the pot has a hole in it for proper drainage or it will likely get root rot and die off.

If you're looking to add some color to the enclosure the bromelia is a good go to plant, it doesn't offer much climbing possibilities or cover even but the flower is pretty and lasts very long. Maybe not so good to have in smaller enclosures but if you have an open spot to fill in it has a lot of decorative value.

The ficus benjamina is also often recommended but in my experience it loses a lot of leaves, tends to grow trough the mesh and has a sticky milky substance comming out of broken twigs and leaves. It also has a milky substance coming out of leaves/twigs that are cut/broken which is midly toxic and can cause some inconvenience for your veiled (should be nothing leathal) or to you if you're alergic.

Someone should make better work of this page:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/plants/
Thank you so much! Can you elaborate on what you mean by cuttings on the epipremnum?

Thank you so much! Can you elaborate on what you mean by cuttings on the epipremnum?
They are usually like 6' vine followed by 1 leaf on the bottom of the vine where the leaf is growing otu of you can see small roots, you can make cuttings of every single leave, just make sure it has these roots. Cut like 1' of the vine with it at each side aswell.
The left over pieces of vine can be thrown in the trash or at your little brother, whichever suits you best (just tell him it's part of the tutorial if he gets angry).

Once you have the cuttings you can set them in a bowl/glass/vase of water until the knobs sprout actual roots, this usually takes 2-3weeks (depending on stuff and things, mostly temperature I guess).
Make sure you refresh the water like every other day so the water has enough oxigen in it, if you forget it sometimes it's no biggie.
Once the roots have developed enough you can plant em in soil.

Or you can just ignore the above alinea and plant the cuttings straight in soil and hope for the best.

They are usually like 6' vine followed by 1 leaf on the bottom of the vine where the leaf is growing otu of you can see small roots, you can make cuttings of every single leave, just make sure it has these roots. Cut like 1' of the vine with it at each side aswell.
The left over pieces of vine can be thrown in the trash or at your little brother, whichever suits you best (just tell him it's part of the tutorial if he gets angry).

Once you have the cuttings you can set them in a bowl/glass/vase of water until the knobs sprout actual roots, this usually takes 2-3weeks (depending on stuff and things, mostly temperature I guess).
Make sure you refresh the water like every other day so the water has enough oxigen in it, if you forget it sometimes it's no biggie.
Once the roots have developed enough you can plant em in soil.

Or you can just ignore the above alinea and plant the cuttings straight in soil and hope for the best.
Lol alright thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom