PLANT Help

Moss works for me and the chameleon species I have being that he probably won't ever eat the moss. However with a veiled it can be ify. If your going to use moss grab a bag of spanish moss from a home depot or something and drape it over the vines. The moss will look crappy at first but after some mistings it will take in moisture and nutrients from the air and will give a really cool jungle look to the enclosure. Just keep an eye on it

I wouldn't use Spanish Moss in a veiled cage. It is not very substantial and your veiled could fall if it tries to climb on it. I used a forest type moss and all that did was cause fungus gnats in my chams cage. I just found a club moss that may work, it is not as close to the ground it looks like a fern and has aerial roots. It is also safe for chams.

Question:

So i recently got my first chameleon, it is a male Veiled Chameleon. I want to put live plants in his cage but i want to buy something that is safe for him because after doing a lot of research i found that they do like to eat plants. I found a nice plant that is called the Janet Craig Compacta or it is in the compacta family but i was wondering if it is safe for him to eat the leaves? thank you for any help!

Back
Top Bottom