Plans for a Dream First Enclosure

Oh boy😂 gotta carve out more wallet space for feeders! Glad that everything sounds normal- I really want to do this right and its been really fun so far

I forgot to order the foam and so now I am waiting on that and the silicone. I can’t decide between sphagnum or peat to stick to the silicone in between the cork gaps

Sphagnum! Though you can blend it to shreds and it will grow again I think? Not totally clear on that
So if it were me sphagnum is the one I would not use... While panthers will not eat plants like a veiled they will chew on their branches and stuff... Spagnum is one of those that if eaten can bind up and cause impaction.

Since your using foam and silicone you will want it to air out for a good week. Make sure to do this in your garage so the fumes are not in the house with the cham. These fumes are toxic to them.

Ok- I may use some on some crevices but I will avoid it in the open spots. I will make sure to air everything thoroughly, I did this once before so I know the basics at least

Whew its been awhile! The boy is good, I think his name is going to be Blu🥰. Major progress got stalled for awhile with family in town but I should be doing my silicone and final touches this weekend!!! (Here is one of the sides drying a few weeks ago)
1D334BC2-5908-46A6-818F-05FD045FADB4.jpeg

While I am cutting foam back, thoughts on the background? Was thinking some tiny islands to put orchids on so i dont take up too much space but so its not blank. Heres the sides w some random cork placement on the back before silicone. Also decided to use some sandpaper to rough up the foam in spots where i dont cut it to make it even more random

Attachments

• D4E115C6-4B4B-4D63-A86C-C92C44693547.jpeg
    D4E115C6-4B4B-4D63-A86C-C92C44693547.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 48
While I am cutting foam back, thoughts on the background? Was thinking some tiny islands to put orchids on so i dont take up too much space but so its not blank. Heres the sides w some random cork placement on the back before silicone. Also decided to use some sandpaper to rough up the foam in spots where i dont cut it to make it even more random
What species are you doing this for again?

A panther!
Are you going to be hooking in additional branches?

You want a 8-9 inch distance between the bottom of the UVB T5HO fixture and the branches with the 5.0 or 6% bulb. So just measure your distances while your laying stuff in. I lay my fixture on the top of the cage so all of my branches are 8-9 inches from the screen top.

It will be my favorite part too once everything is put together- stressed about placement of stuff and how small the plants are (they will grow ofc but ugh)

It will be my favorite part too once everything is put together- stressed about placement of stuff and how small the plants are (they will grow ofc but ugh)
I always get my plants at home depot in their indoor nursery. I can find pretty good ones there. :)

Update! Did my first and biggest round of planting (besides the ground cover). Have to attach in more branches over the next few days but should be all engines go this weekend! Lmk what you think/if you have any ideas/advice

Attachments

• A0016D47-7459-4BA2-BC61-EE36F7E632F6.jpeg
    A0016D47-7459-4BA2-BC61-EE36F7E632F6.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 41
Blu is in! Lots of plant growth to come but feeling good about the branching rn. Also haven't actually planted the bottom yet (gonna do that this week while he is out free ranging on his tree) but have some plants and branches there so he has a sleeping spot
AD3DF6C2-A82A-4FB2-A7C4-91CC3AF72A08.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom