Plans for a Dream First Enclosure

Added a good size schefflera to the front! We will see if that helps some, there is one branch up high that he can hang out and not be seen now. Also, he took a VERY long drink today, so I am going to make sure to incorporate handmisting/drinking time outside of his night/early morning mist
View attachment 334652
Are your misting sessions only running when the cham is asleep? I have to run mine 15 minutes after lights on and then in the evening before lights off. Otherwise my cham will not drink from sitting water. He likes the movement and this triggers him to drink.

Beautiful plant you found!

Right now they are only when he is asleep, so I am now lightly hand misting when the lights come on, and doing the same before lights out so he has chances to drink. May adjust the misting schedule this weekend, need to think about what is the best fit with how my timing system works. Before I could only do it on a 12 hr cycle so it was right when lights went on/off.

Basking spot looks to be about 82 degrees. He is now just staying gray or brown all day and returned to his sleeping spot after walking around for a few hours- what could be the issue here? I dont think temps are too cold , although at night it gets down to low 60s in his enclosure

Basking spot looks to be about 82 degrees. He is now just staying gray or brown all day and returned to his sleeping spot after walking around for a few hours- what could be the issue here? I dont think temps are too cold , although at night it gets down to low 60s in his enclosure
Is he still eating? He could still be adjusting to the new plants being there as well. Are ambient temps kicking up during the day pretty quickly or is it taking time for them to come back up?

All I could check today was basking, but that hit temp after about an hour and a half. He is still eating about the same amount, a very hungry guy haha. Part of me thinks he is in like winter mode or something? I just dont understand never changing color except when he goes to sleep

All I could check today was basking, but that hit temp after about an hour and a half. He is still eating about the same amount, a very hungry guy haha. Part of me thinks he is in like winter mode or something? I just dont understand never changing color except when he goes to sleep
Yeah winter makes my boy act differently as well. Not as active and much more mellow. Come spring he is on the hunt for a female and wants to bite my finger off.

I would say as long as you are seeing activity and normal eating with healthy urate and fecal then no cause for immediate concern.

So he is still brownish orange, but eats like a champ. I havent noticed a ton of growth since I got him? Idk how much they keep growing after 5/6 months but he is now 8ish months and doesnt seem a ton bigger (hard to gauge though now that hes in a larger enclosure)

102DF2FC-43BE-4108-9544-2412C0853360.jpeg

Early afternoon basking

My estimate is that he is like 14-16” nose to tail tip, I have a gram scale coming tomorrow so I am going to set up some branches on it he can hang on to get a weight

I think 1 shed, was maybe a month ago now
What type of panther is he? Where did you purchase from, cloud 9 right? I just do not understand why he is displaying browns all the time. Have you reached out to the breeder to get some feedback on this? Size looks good on him. Does not look thin but healthy.

Yeah I will go ahead and reach out- he changes color but its never the blues and greens he had for about 2 months and then dropped 2 months ago. He is a blue ambanja, and it showed for awhile! Just weird now (also glad to hear he looks healthy, this is all an experiment for me since they are fairly different from other lizards)

Leigh from Cloud 9 was super helpful as usual, sounds like he should color up in the coming months as spring gears up. She also said some blue ambanjas do this in florida and california too

Leigh from Cloud 9 was super helpful as usual, sounds like he should color up in the coming months as spring gears up. She also said some blue ambanjas do this in florida and california too
Cool. This is why it is always great to go through a reputable breeder. They know their species and when questions come up they can give feedback that others may not have. :)

Back
Top Bottom