Plans for a Dream First Enclosure

Are these better?
So you are not going to like me saying that the rips in the screen are dangerous. They are large enough that the cham can view it as a way to try to get out. But also this metal screen when ripped like this leaves very sharp places.

light placement should be fine. Especially since this is a temp enclosure.

If I were to stuff them/cover them from the inside with something would that help? Unfortunately those holes were there when I got the used enclosure

He is on a table around 2’ off the floor right now! He actually just arrived and is exploring rn, will post pics later

When you get him.. Get him into the enclosure and provide a long misting session. He will need a drink after the trip. Offer food but do not be surprised if he is not eager to eat the first few days.

And less than 30 mins later my dragonstrand came
Take your time setting it up. think out where you want everything. Don't rush because its much harder to make cage changes once you get the cham in the cage. Did you get the link for the tips on the ledges?

Take your time setting it up. think out where you want everything. Don't rush because its much harder to make cage changes once you get the cham in the cage. Did you get the link for the tips on the ledges?
I plan on taking my time, want to be proud of the final product. Plus I wont be able to work on it until I have a few days off! I did get the link, thanks

I plan on taking my time, want to be proud of the final product. Plus I wont be able to work on it until I have a few days off! I did get the link, thanks
Let me know if you have any questions. I have now had 3 of these enclosures.
I have some good pics on set up of one of the ones I had in this album. Shows how I laid in branches and how to cross latch with zip ties.

Well now that he has settled a bit… he ate yesterday and today ate from my hand!!! My dubias are late 🙄 so had to order crix and gutload them. Pics below!

Attachments

• B9807AC0-FA4E-4FA7-B354-7B2E692DF386.jpeg
    B9807AC0-FA4E-4FA7-B354-7B2E692DF386.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 93FB1CD3-86DF-4A3B-9577-3EFE1830390A.jpeg
    93FB1CD3-86DF-4A3B-9577-3EFE1830390A.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 47

Hand feeding^ (I know the hole in the screen is still there, covered it after feeding him)

Yeah his eye turrets really stand out and the blue lines on his face that are starting to show as he gets adjusted are😍

Hand feeding^ (I know the hole in the screen is still there, covered it after feeding him)

Yeah his eye turrets really stand out and the blue lines on his face that are starting to show as he gets adjusted are😍

So handsome! He is targeting perfectly too.

He has been eating a lot and is definitely getting more comfortable with me around- I am in love 😍 I do have one question @Beman, he seems to be basking a lot? (Temp 80-81 F) Granted he is eating a lot and it is the highest location for him to sit but just wanted to make sure thats ok?

He has been eating a lot and is definitely getting more comfortable with me around- I am in love 😍 I do have one question @Beman, he seems to be basking a lot? (Temp 80-81 F) Granted he is eating a lot and it is the highest location for him to sit but just wanted to make sure thats ok?
That is totally normal. How old is he again? How much is he eating and how often?

He is 5 months old, eating ~ 10 feeders every day. Also how large are they usually around this size? He seems big😂
LOL he has some size on him for a 5 month old. You may end up with a larger bodied male. I would expect him to easily take down a dozen a day at that age so he is doing great. So totally normal that he is basking a lot since he is eating every morning.

Back
Top Bottom