Pinhead Crickets

Dwinger

ok ive heard stories of people spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on pinhead crickets for baby chameleons. how many pinheads do regular baby chameleons eat per day. when can you upgrade to 1 1/4th inch or a 1/8th inch cricket?:confused:

i am in no way being rude or mean by saying this.... but, if your really that serious about breeding take the time and do your research. dont rush into it. you gotta walk before you run...

google and the search button will be your best friends if you use them. a baby panther will upgrade to 1/8-1/4" crickets when it reaches about 2-3" stv lenght. even then. you have to watch them eat to make sure they can handle the food size.

i am in no way being rude or mean by saying this.... but, if your really that serious about breeding take the time and do your research. dont rush into it. you gotta walk before you run...

google and the search button will be your best friends if you use them. a baby panther will upgrade to 1/8-1/4" crickets when it reaches about 2-3" stv lenght. even then. you have to watch them eat to make sure they can handle the food size.

no disrespect taken im all ears

ok ive heard stories of people spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on pinhead crickets for baby chameleons. how many pinheads do regular baby chameleons eat per day. when can you upgrade to 1 1/4th inch or a 1/8th inch cricket?:confused:

Instead of spending thousands, I'd suggest you breed crickets and fruit flies and other things yourself. Using just one feeder (such as just pinheads) is, in my opinion, not a good move. variety is valuable.

How many insects they will eat in a day depends on the type of chameleon, the number of babies, the temp they are kept at, etc. And they will start eating larger prey at different times as they grow at different rates.

Do your research first. Veileds tend to have larger clutches than panthers, at least with my chams. 1 of my veileds had 61 babies and all hatched and you need to keep them for at least 3 mos to make sure they are healthy before selling them. So do the math 61 x 20-30 crickets a day, sometimes more. You should go according to the distance between the eyes. That's the size crickets you give them.

Do your research first. Veileds tend to have larger clutches than panthers, at least with my chams. 1 of my veileds had 61 babies and all hatched and you need to keep them for at least 3 mos to make sure they are healthy before selling them. So do the math 61 x 20-30 crickets a day, sometimes more. You should go according to the distance between the eyes. That's the size crickets you give them.

i know about veilds having bigger clutches, i personaly have panthers. but i didnt know about the distance between the eyes (thanks) and i knew they ate around 20 to 30 a day i just wasnt sure if that was correct ive looked at over 20 care sheets and info on the net. i was just posting to hear from peoples personal experience and not a word doc.

i know about veilds having bigger clutches, i personaly have panthers. but i didnt know about the distance between the eyes (thanks) and i knew they ate around 20 to 30 a day i just wasnt sure if that was correct ive looked at over 20 care sheets and info on the net. i was just posting to hear from peoples personal experience and not a word doc.

"Harder" insects should be smaller than the width between the chameleons eyes, so as to ensure the bug will go down the hatch easily. But softer bodied bugs, like silkworms, can be slightly wider, since they squish.

I feed babies about as much as they will eat in five minutes, multiple times a day.

ok so i was thinking 9 or 10 of the fruit fly containers with eggs in them and i would start with 1000 pinheads then try to start breeding my pinheads

Back
Top Bottom