Photo contest

codiwatkins

Does anyone know why they keep taking my pic out of the photo contest?? Its the one of mr ester eating the ANOLE? IUts not enhanced at all or anything??? whats the deal?

Maybe it is the somewhat shady husbandry behind letting a chameleon eat an anole. Although I am not completely against the idea, I would want to make sure that the anole lunch was parasite free. Just a guess.. was the anole a wild caught meal?

yea I actually didnt do it purposly. He has been checked for parasites and is fine now. He has had more anoles since then so why would that even matter?? More than one member stated that it was fine and actually could be quite healthy for the cham as long as it wasnt too big..........I dont think that is fair.:mad:.........Just becasue most people use insects doesnt mean that it is wrong to use anoles or mice as a feeder occasionally

Brad makes it pretty clear that he will answer the "why" behind why a photo was taken out of the running. Why don't you ask him what his reason was?

yea I actually didnt do it purposly. He has been checked for parasites and is fine now. He has had more anoles since then so why would that even matter?? More than one member stated that it was fine and actually could be quite healthy for the cham as long as it wasnt too big..........I dont think that is fair.:mad:.........Just becasue most people use insects doesnt mean that it is wrong to use anoles or mice as a feeder occasionally

You are going to continue to have to do fecals and quite frequently if you continue to feed wild anoles. Those anoles are possibly also eating bugs that may have pesticide on them. Not a safe practice.

Any photo removed before the entry deadline is most likely the result of some rule infraction. Please review the photo contest rules linked below. If my memory is correct there was text or a timestamp on your photo.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/photo-contest-rules-102/

OOOOOOOO ok so If I need to take the time stamp of.:p:rolleyes:

The anoles rae not wi;ld caught! Just the first one. The other 2 he has had where bought from lllreptile in the feeder section:D

I would like to remind everyone that the contest rules are not for my personal benefit. These rules are in place to help create a fair contest for the community. If anyone is serious about curbing fraud and maintaining an impartial contest then rules are required. It would be a lot easier, cheaper, and much less time consuming for me if integrity was not a concern.

Have you read the rules? Cropping and resizing is of course allowed.

yes, I have read the rules quite closely.
I stated
to remove the time stamp, just crop it out.

I know this was just a simple mistake on your part. it's cool.

I'll be sending you a PM soon about the rules and hope we can come to an understanding, as you might seem to be taking offence to the things I post on the subject matter.

with much respect,
Harry

You are going to continue to have to do fecals and quite frequently if you continue to feed wild anoles. Those anoles are possibly also eating bugs that may have pesticide on them. Not a safe practice.
The anoles are NOT live caught, the first was, but the last 2 where bought from LLLreptile in the live feeder section. He has been cleared of parasites 2 times since the Anole incident. I would have to disagree with your opinion on feeding anoles as a bad practice. Ester loves them and he seems much more active and has brighter colors since he has been getting them:D His body has also filled out significantly( but not in a fat way, he was kinda slim when I got him)

Back
Top Bottom