Phoenix Worms?

I love them! They are the perfect size for smaller Chams. My little guy loves them and if you don't feed all of them by the time they start pupating, just wait and you'll get some flies. Hugh LOVES flies and goes crazy for them. :D Of course like any other feeder there can be a chance that he won't like them but again, if he doesn't like the actual worms, he'll love the flies.

Very nutritional feeder and are great for chameleons. They are pretty small so they should be fine for a 3 month old.:)

Yep - the small ones are tiny - i'd say 5mm max for the small ones - the larger ones tend to be about 12-15mm max. Most places sell them in small/medium/large so you can pick a size thats appropriate.

Also - I had difficulty finding them to begin with, but they go by phoenix worms, repti-worms, calci-worms or soldier fly larvae - have a look around - they are good!

Yep - the small ones are tiny - i'd say 5mm max for the small ones - the larger ones tend to be about 12-15mm max. Most places sell them in small/medium/large so you can pick a size thats appropriate.

Also - I had difficulty finding them to begin with, but they go by phoenix worms, repti-worms, calci-worms or soldier fly larvae - have a look around - they are good!

Mulberry farms has them. :)

Since you're in the UK, try locusts too... my cham refuses to eat Phoenix worms, he ate the soldier flies though (they almost look like wasps.

Since you're in the UK, try locusts too... my cham refuses to eat Phoenix worms, he ate the soldier flies though (they almost look like wasps.

Mine eats locusts very occasionally - prefer them to crickets as they dont hide away, they head up to his basking spot :)

cheers amanda i will be sure to use those links when i finally get my beast, really cant wait now..
aaron

No problem! locusts are pretty easy to get hold of too - they are quite delicate with cold temperatures though (i put mine in the fridge for 10 mins to slow them down and they all died!) so I tend to buy them from a petshop rather than by mail - pets at home sell them now, but any kind of good pet shop that has reptiles should stock them :)

slightly off topic but are meal beatles ok to feed to chameleons?

My female Jackson loves them. They have a lot of shell, so I only give her beetles 3-4 times a month, although I doubt it would cause a problem unless you fed them constantly.

My female Jackson loves them. They have a lot of shell, so I only give her beetles 3-4 times a month, although I doubt it would cause a problem unless you fed them constantly.

I think if you just snap the hard part of the wings off they should be good. I wonder how they taste, they smell a little weird. As you stated, once in a while.:)

cool, i got given a large tub of mini mealworms as the majority of them looked dead but i think they were just cold as a few day in a warm tank totally revived them. As i only ever give my veiled the odd one or two they will last me forever so i was thinking of separating some and pupating them into beetles if they are safe.

Back
Top Bottom