Periodical Update

SamW

Hey Everyone,

It has been too long since I have visited the forum. Unfortunately I still have yet to post pictures; I have been waiting for my new camera purchase. Some may consider this thread material for the enclosures category, but I wanted it to be viewed by many.

First, I want to mention that I am thinking about buying a cage from DIY cages. I see that they are a sponsor, but wanted to know more from the actual consumers. I have already learned about the cages from the website and would like additional feedback from a customer's perspective.

Second, I want to ask a few things about the new, soon-to-be cage. Right now, he is living in an aquarium that is about 30 gallons. I am aware of the controversy of aquariums; please refrain from sharing your thoughts in regard to it. (I said I was buying a cage soon, anyways). The new cage will be what I believe is the biggest cage they offered.. How much UVB light do I need, and what are general tips that one should know when converting from a smaller, glass terrarium to a bigger, screened one.

Lastly, I have mentioned in the past that I was going to build a tower for my cham to climb have. I have successfully done so and he absolutely loves it. Hopefully I will post pictures/videos soon. I built the tower out of KNEX (hybrid of legos and lincoln logs; perfect for cham grasping). It is 5 feet tall and has a platform on top. Samir loves climbing up and down the tower, occasionally discovering a dish of meal worms at the top. Order yourself a KNEX set and build a tower for your friend

Like I said, I just wanted to check in and ask a few new questions. Once I pay tuition for next summer, I will then be able to consider my camera purchase and will start an album and hope to post more. Unil then, Happy Holidays and excuse my lack of researching information that is allready available. I am always busy and am horrible at making my own decisions :p

Sam

Back
Top Bottom