HELP! video cameras for inside an enclosure?

pemmiecan23

Hi everyone, I am looking for suggestions/recs for good cameras that can be put inside an enclosure? I want to be able to see my chameleons throughout the day without the obstruction of the screen etc. Preferably wireless and small enough to fit in a cage without being too obvious or noticeable and hopefully not too expensive! If any of yall have any experience with any cameras please let me know! Also let me know how you guys set the cameras up inside the cages -- is It tricky or easy?? Thank you in advance!

I'm using a Google Nest WiFi camera and for me it works great, however I would loved it more when it could be accessible through a web based access instead only an app.

Blink minis have been working for me nicely and they are running sales on bundles right now. 2 cams, $40. 1080p, night vision, and viewable, etc all via online connection. As long as you don't soak them they will handle a little moisture.

The outdoor versions are more $ but could be a good option as well. Obvi a little better when it comes to water intrusion. They are lithium battery so I think it says 2yrs b4 replacement, dont recall for sure, but no cords and a little thinner profile if that helps you in some way.

I'm using a Google Nest WiFi camera and for me it works great, however I would loved it more when it could be accessible through a web based access instead only an app.
Can they handle the misting/fogging sessions?? My cage gets to 95% humidity at night because of the fogger. Wil that be an issue?

Can they handle the misting/fogging sessions?? My cage gets to 95% humidity at night because of the fogger. Wil that be an issue?
A little rectification, I misread the question and didn't read inside the enclosure. Mine sits on the outside and I'm 100% sure it wont like fog or high humidity.

I don’t have cameras but if I did….

Oh look, there’s Tony on his branch puffed up because his feeding cup is empty and he wants it gone NOW. Is his tail only shedding today? Come on those flakes are going everywhere. Oh God that’s right he ate a huge hornworm yesterday, he’s going to have the runs. What the heck!

There’s Herbie sitting down front and looking all spooky with his googlers zipping suspiciously around the room. He’s on his patrol again. Round and around he goes. I wonder if he knows I love him.

Last edited:
How did you setup yours? You got a pic?
I’ve mounted it to the ceiling and got a complete overview and can zoom in on them.

IMG_9560.png

Back
Top Bottom