Patience pays off

crocky

I think Waldo and I are finally meeting in the middle :D
I opened his cage today for him to have a little exercise and I always close off the room with a gate since I have dogs. He always goes straight to his hanging plant and contemplates the world. Nice view right :)
6c07a93af77fc6d0bc4a4d0e5d9f52ad.jpg

d802d7b3035f3e433f39ae8cd40c2394.jpg

Anyway today he decided he would explore elsewhere. When I went back to check on him I could not find him. It had only been a few minutes but after looking he was back behind the cage on top of the 5 gallon bucket lid that holds my misting water trying to get up the vertical blinds. How the heck he got there I don't have a clue, there is nothing that leads to the bucket top. When he saw me he looked at me like "is there a problem". LOL. Anyway I got him And put him on his plant as you see in the pic above and about an hour later I came back in to put him back in the cage as he has now decided he does not want to go back on his own :rolleyes:
So this time he was not near as reluctant to come to me and when I tried to out him in the cage he usually hi tales it but this time he just sat there and looked at me. So I slowly put my finger under his chin and rubbed it, I did this a couple of times and he did not object. Now I am not saying he loved it but hey that is progress :)
He finally went on his way.
Then I went to spray him with my hand held and he walked up towards me and came within inches from the spray bottle and just sucked in some water. Typically he drinks well but at a very far distance.

Anywho, sorry for the ramble and I know this does not sound like much but I was pretty pleased and excited that he is finally letting me into his world a little and what a beautiful world it is.

Awesome! :)

My cham's on his way to tolerating me too.

I think it's cool how they get used to you and stuff. :) Also tremendous cage you have there. That's awesome.

What do you mean this doesn't sound like much??? When you work hard at taking it slowly, letting him work into being ready and he finally is ready it is HUGE!!!! Congrats.

Awesome! :)

My cham's on his way to tolerating me too.

I think it's cool how they get used to you and stuff. :) Also tremendous cage you have there. That's awesome.

Thanks!

What do you mean this doesn't sound like much??? When you work hard at taking it slowly, letting him work into being ready and he finally is ready it is HUGE!!!! Congrats.

Thanks Laurie, you are so right! I love celebrating stepping stones :)

Why apologize for an awesome story? I really enjoyed it (and the pictures). Some days I wish I had a potted plant in the sky I could climb to lol.

I definitely agree. I was so excited and shaky when my cham first crawled on me. Lol he hated it but he did it on his own. Stress spots and all. :p But hey it's a major step forward.

Yay to all the handling progress.

Cammie, that's a great accomplishment!!!!! Waldo is learning he can love and trust his mama!!!!!! It's a great feeling!!!!!!

Definitely a beautiful view.. I'd contemplate the world too beautiful story great progress am happy for you am glad you and he had a good time together. Sure makes for a beautiful day to achieve a mile stone. Any mile stone. Congratulations to you and he both.

great news cammie. i'm glad he's finally getting used to his mama. :)
Thanks Sang, me too :D. I could not have gotten here without all your guidance!

I definitely agree. I was so excited and shaky when my cham first crawled on me. Lol he hated it but he did it on his own. Stress spots and all. :p But hey it's a major step forward.

Yay to all the handling progress.
Love progress :)
Don't apologize for rambling. This is an awesome ramble. I enjoyed reading this. Haha. =P

Thanks!
Cammie, that's a great accomplishment!!!!! Waldo is learning he can love and trust his mama!!!!!! It's a great feeling!!!!!!
It is a great feeling Lisa! Thanks for all the support!

Cammie that's awesome!!!! Yay!!! I'm excited for you:)
Thank you, loving the journey!!

Definitely a beautiful view.. I'd contemplate the world too beautiful story great progress am happy for you am glad you and he had a good time together. Sure makes for a beautiful day to achieve a mile stone. Any mile stone. Congratulations to you and he both.

Thank you! We do not have any regular windows in our house except for in the upstairs bonus room, they are all large and long. It really is nice. I love outdoors so it brings me closer even when it is cold outside. :)

So happy for you, trust is a wonderful thing and it seems he is beginning to trust .......you should be very pleased, that is a huge step...congrats, you're a very good mama!

We have all been there when our chams take that first step toward looking at us as something other than a creature to be feared. It's the best feeling in the world, and is really only understandable by those on this forum. :D

So happy for you, trust is a wonderful thing and it seems he is beginning to trust .......you should be very pleased, that is a huge step...congrats, you're a very good mama!
Thanks so much! I am hoping we are on the right path now.:)

We have all been there when our chams take that first step toward looking at us as something other than a creature to be feared. It's the best feeling in the world, and is really only understandable by those on this forum. :D

It is a good feeling in deed!

Love the pics! My sister just moved out if my house so soon Pascal will have his own room & free range area..I just have to do a bit more research on it. So happy to hear he's feeling content and comfy!

Congrats on that and your pics just gave me an idea! the hanging plant can be a good free-range "place" for my cham to go to whenever he likes in the day!

Back
Top Bottom