Parsons Chameleon long term thread

Im more interested in this "sun". Even if its not UVB, if OP found a full spectrum bulb(not just red/green/blue spike led) in the camera world, that might help alot of us that had SAD chameleons in the winter :)
I don’t think you can replace them being outside . And I totally agree. Winter sucks . Though my guys are still eating it’s barely. And their colors and displays Are quite dismal . Every day you wonder if they’re doing OK. They still will eat occasionally. But it Hass to be one of their treat foods. The first picture is first thing in the morning before lights on. After foggers been off for an hour.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.png
    IMG_0193.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0194.png
    IMG_0194.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I don’t think you can replace them being outside . And I totally agree. Winter sucks . Though my guys are still eating it’s barely. And their colors and displays Are quite dismal . Every day you wonder if they’re doing OK. They still will eat occasionally. But it Hass to be one of their treat foods
Hey, we use the same wireless thermometer (Govee?), I test them regularly against a Protmex PT6508 and they are surprisingly accurate!

Last edited:
Im more interested in this "sun". Even if its not UVB, if OP found a full spectrum bulb(not just red/green/blue spike led) in the camera world, that might help alot of us that had SAD chameleons in the winter :)
Nah, standard camera light, but it sure helps lighting up the basement. I have full spectrum LED grow lights on top of the cage.

I don’t think you can replace them being outside . And I totally agree. Winter sucks . Though my guys are still eating it’s barely. And their colors and displays Are quite dismal . Every day you wonder if they’re doing OK. They still will eat occasionally. But it Hass to be one of their treat foods. The first picture is first thing in the morning before lights on. After foggers been off for an hour.
You’re able to get temps down to 58f in your house?

You’re able to get temps down to 58f in your house?
Yes, I open the door 😊but it’s in the man cave not just the house I close the doors to the rest of the house and open up my slider on one side and the front door on the other . It actually will get colder were about 34 outside. So I only leave it open for a couple hours. Then I get up and close it .. pretty much maintains the temperature. Here’s Inside and outside thermometer. By the way, great advice on this Govee. They work awesome thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0208.png
    IMG_0208.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0209.png
    IMG_0209.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
For food, I always give the maximum variety: Silks, Horns, crickets, roaches, butters, wax, supers, meals and phoenix. My gut load changes, mix of fruit and veggies and repashy superload, I like superload because it contains actual vitamin A. Not much makes it into the animal, but im not sold on beta-carotene long term.
I don’t know if you have already seen this study, but I thought you might find this table showing the nutrients of un-dusted crickets fed a diet alternating between Repashy Superload and a mix of sweet potatoes, carrots, and kale for 2-8 days useful.

Attachments

• IMG_4521.jpeg
    IMG_4521.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom