parasites QQ

Maybe ask your Mom why she would allow you to have a pet, knowing you dont have money, but not be willing to foot a vet bill if one arose. Does your mother consider your lizard a disposable pet? What will happen if your cham needs a vet?
I dont know how old you are but perhaps you could get a job after school and save up incase. :)

look my cham was planned she would never let anything happen to it...as i have said about 8 times on this forum we took my cham to the vet for pinnworms( and hes now cured)...the turtle WAS NOT planned it showed up...my moms friend nor my mom did not think before removing it. im tired of defending myself...i removed the turtle from my house for risk of infection of my other pets and my most amazing and most prized possesion ( my cham)....it was givin to me out of no wear ...it pooped out what literly looked like a tapeworm....therefore i had to release it because not only would she not pay for the vet bills of a WC animal...but she WOULDNT drive me 6 hourse to realease it were it was from. all i have to say. and i DID not claim it as my pet... MOM wouldnt drive me and i couldnt just let it go in a suburb...so i kept it for a few days till we finaly figured out what to do with it. what i did was the only option

because not only would she not pay for the vet bills of a WC animal...but she WOULDNT drive me 6 hourse to realease it were it was from.

I meant the turtle mate, Or didn't Mom know you had it? Why would she let you take it home, 6 hrs away? what did she expect you would do with it? Seems like your Mom dosent care what animals you bring home, or what happens to them, if she hasnt paid for it. Dodgy attitude.
I hope you will be more caring and responsible than your Mother.

i know you ment the turtle...all im saying my cham will get all the vet bills it needs if it needs them...my moms freind DID not know what kind of turtle it was so whem my mom ( who didnt know either) came home ...i identifyed it as a baby snapper...and of course my moms friend didnt want it in her pond because it would eat all her fish!( she caught it in the first place to put in her pond)...so i was stuck with it .....2 idiots brining home a helpless baby turtle and leaving me to decide its fate the hole situation was so unfair.... and with my mom not alowing any vet care...or placement back to where it came from ...i was at a loss

Shoulda saved up for it. I have a stash of vet money if an emergency ever comes up and my mommy can't help me out with it. Though I'm sure she'd try if it was serious enough that I couldn't pay for it.

Moral of the story? Save up your money for vet bills and possible other bills! (like a gas bill and fee to pay your mom to have her drive you 6 hours back to where it was from) :)

i agree... i will take this as a lesson learned...i just want to say...my cham will get vet care if needed there is no question about that.( he alredy has)

Why don't you give it anti-parasite medicine? Turtles get lots of diseases and parasites. I once found a 3" leech in a flap on a red eared slider that I saved.

i dont exactly have vet assured parasite meds laying in my med cabinit lol....and my mom wouldnt take him to the vet therefore it was out of my control

Not if you had money. Coulda asked a friends mom or taken a bus. When there's a will, there's a way.

I meant the turtle mate, Or didn't Mom know you had it? Why would she let you take it home, 6 hrs away? what did she expect you would do with it? Seems like your Mom dosent care what animals you bring home, or what happens to them, if she hasnt paid for it. Dodgy attitude.
I hope you will be more caring and responsible than your Mother.

All I can say is if you made that comment to me I wouldve gone mad. How could you say that to him, its his mothers choice, not everyone has such a love for animals and understands someone elses love for them.

I think one reason why so many people leave this forum is because members here constantly attack one another and newbies that dont know any better. (not saying your a newbie oost)

thank you lizzard...i love all animals ...expesialy reptiles i was in tears when i let that turtle go because i wont ever know his outcome he could get eaten or he could thrive to live for the next 40 years. i just hope hes ok...i placed him in a pond that humans do not visist....theres no disterbances

I think pssh needs to lay off a bit as well. Its easy to judge. Some people have great parents that support their kids and others don't....what would you have done in the same situation if 2 idiots brought it home, didn't want it and then treated it like a disposable object. You are very lucky to have a supportive Mom. (and I don't mean financially) OOSt did the best he could with the resources he had. Yes if he had a car and was older then other choices could have been made.

He didnt buy the turtle or pluck it out of its natural environment. I can understand if OOSt took the turtle and then no longer wanted it and disregarded it but he didn't.

He has already proven that his cham will and has gotten vet care as the cham has pinworms and is now on medication and being taken care of.

Oost save for future vet bills, transportation costs for your cham and you will be in a far stronger position. Dont get anymore pets until you can afford to take care of them and have 100% responsibility for them and that includes transportation.

Lizardlover is correct when so many people do leave the forum or are afraid to post ......sometimes we need to lighten up a bit. ;)

All I can say is if you made that comment to me I wouldve gone mad. How could you say that to him, its his mothers choice, not everyone has such a love for animals and understands someone elses love for them.

Because his mom's attitude was irresponsible, thoughtless. Im not saying its his fault, he's explained it and I understand.
Point is your parents are your role models (or supposed to be in an ideal world), you learn whats acceptable or not from them. Im saying, despite the fact she is your mother, her attitude is sad and not an example you should follow in this case.
I think he knows and understands this, and understood the comment as it was intended.

For somebody (dan) who suggested I would demand an abortion if my wife fell pregnant,
you arn't in any position to rant about the sensitivity or lack, of my comments.

lizardlover said:
if you want to get outside of the box though think about this, if your wife became pregnant all of the sudden you'd just abort the baby because "there is enough life around", right?

Last edited:
joe i completely understand what you and pssh were saying ...and yes my mom doesent have the same love for animals that "are not payed for so why should i spend money on them"....thast her quote...but its not like we killed the turtle ...we just released it... i know its not were its from ...but its in a nice unhumanized pond. and i was treating it with turtle protien on his shell and feeding him nicley...and had a uvb light on him along with a clean home...for the time i had him. now hes free to do turtle stuff . the habitat here is the same as it is there...its just more south now in the same state...i do understand the ecology is different.... i get that. there are american snappers all over the area i released him...just like there were up north.... i did the best i could with my resorces

I think pssh needs to lay off a bit as well. Its easy to judge.

In no way was I trying to be mean. I was simply trying to get the point across that if you try hard enough, then you can make things happen. I wasn't harsh (except my first comment, which should have been a bit nicer, I admit) and I wasn't rude. I talk to/help OOOst16 outside of threads, and I'm sure he understood that I meant well.

The comment it's easy to judge is rather true isn't it? I think that even you could take that comment and learn from it :) Again, I mean well in everything I post, no matter how you (or anyone else) take(s) it.

yeah i love pssh ...as i have stated many times shes a godess...i need info full force ...i dont like sugar coated comments....but know one i know would drive 6 hours for a turtle....i DEFINATLY WOULD ....but my family / freinds arnt exactly reptile lovers...besides my mom ...but money issues got in the way... gass ...vet bills ect...thats why she wouldnt help...she wanted to oh beleive me but...she has MS...so mri scan bills get in the way ....( again my cham will have all the vet visits if it needs them ...she alredy said its a guarenteed deal ( my father helps with these aswell )...she knows how much i love him...truley if he dropped dead now i would go into a state of extream depression lol...like major...so she doesent question....liek when his poop became runny and it smelled i was like mom we have to go ...hes got a parasite i guarentee ...and i was right the smear reveald pinworms and he just took his last dose of panacure today)

The comment it's easy to judge is rather true isn't it? I think that even you could take that comment and learn from it :) Again, I mean well in everything I post, no matter how you (or anyone else) take(s) it.

Lol pssh it is easy to judge!

That comment was not directed at you specifically but everyone including myself as it is easy to judge & I am guilty of it myself :( There have been many times I have typed out a response to a thread and then deleted it before posting it as it was judgemental in someway, shape or form and not at all helpful and not in the spirit of the forum :eek:

Snappers are incredibly hardy species anyway 000, and parasites are the norm for wild animals, I'll bet it thrives.
If you consider the bigger picture, countless millions reptiles become roadkill every year, folk release all kinds to the wild, a darn site more exotic than a snapper turt too, so its not like you've doomed the planet kid. Dont worry about it mate.
Hope your lizard recovers well from the pinworm. Chams rock!
:)

Back
Top Bottom