parasites HELP!!!

There's tons of other things that could be wrong besides parasites. I'd get him a check up.

Ok so i called dr.greek and Associates and the first available appointment they have is on friday:(
so I'm going to have to wait till then...i have no clue of any other good reptile vets around here...unless some one knows of one on the forums knows of one...but i hear dr.greek is a really good vet and he has nothing but good reviews ...

Seems like you have all the help here from those who have replied but I just wanted to say that I wouldn't 'sit' on this, I'd get your guy to the vet ASAP! He's absolutely gorgeous and it would be devestating to lose him! If he's starting to close his eyes it means something isn't right somewhere and since chams hide illness well, he could have been under the weather for awhile and just hiding it from you! I would get him to the vet first and have a Dr. rule out any health problems before looking to husbandry issues. Good luck - he's a beautiful animal!

Ok so i called the vet and they said that it came beck negative for parasites ...now I'm confused!!!cause i know I've been doing everything right...misting 3 times a day i have 3 different types of feeders the dripper going all day i also put conditioner in the water i supplement with calcium no d3 every feeding and once or twice a month with repashy calcium plus there's no traffic in the room there inn his temp is right he has a uvb light and he gets light from an open window...idk...should i feel Comfortable with what this vet told me about the fecal cause i know alot of vets dont deal with reptiles???my othe 2 chams are doing great...:confused:,,,now im worried...what else could it be???

Dr. Greek is very good. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago. You also have another chameleon vet in your area Dr. Stein. I'm not sure it he can see you before Friday. The last I heard Dr. Stein was here:
http://m.vcahospitals.com/mcclave/our-team/veterinarians

Back
Top Bottom