Normal or excess mucus in stool?

davisc12

Im a newer chameleon owner and have had my guy for about 2 months now. He seems healthy and active even though he doesn't bask as much as i thought he would. I was told previously his stool appeared to have alot of mucus which could be a sign of parasites. I have not had him into the vet yet as I refuse to go back to the our current vet that sees our bearded dragon and the new vet isnt taking new (non emergency) patients until after the new year. I have plans to bring him in for a wellness check and fecal test but unless theres an emergency it wont be until next month.
20231212_212235.jpg

Im a newer chameleon owner and have had my guy for about 2 months now. He seems healthy and active even though he doesn't bask as much as i thought he would. I was told previously his stool appeared to have alot of mucus which could be a sign of parasites. I have not had him into the vet yet as I refuse to go back to the our current vet that sees our bearded dragon and the new vet isnt taking new (non emergency) patients until after the new year. I have plans to bring him in for a wellness check and fecal test but unless theres an emergency it wont be until next month. View attachment 347820
The excess water is from the dripper hitting the edge of the container not from his movement.

Im a newer chameleon owner and have had my guy for about 2 months now. He seems healthy and active even though he doesn't bask as much as i thought he would. I was told previously his stool appeared to have alot of mucus which could be a sign of parasites. I have not had him into the vet yet as I refuse to go back to the our current vet that sees our bearded dragon and the new vet isnt taking new (non emergency) patients until after the new year. I have plans to bring him in for a wellness check and fecal test but unless theres an emergency it wont be until next month. View attachment 347820
If you suspect parasites, see if the Vet (new or old) will do a fecal only. Some Vets will do a fecal for a small fee. If treatment is needed, they usually require a office visit. My (general) Vet charges 35.00 for a fecal and 55.00 for the actual office exam. My exotic Vet charges 45.00 for a fecal and 113.00 for a office exam. In my experience, the fecal is always a individual charge. My veiled has had splatter poops when he eats extra large hornworms and the leaves of his Money Tree.

Back
Top Bottom