Panther male, slightly sluggish, sometimes misses branch with rear legs

Can you please site where you've seen/been told this? My Jacksons is picky as well but the one food source I see him gravitate to consistantly is BSF. I try to feed BSF as a treat but would love to be wrong here.
There is a nutritional difference between Black soldier fly larvae and the flies themselves. The flies don't have as much calcium. I use them only for entertainment value.
You can give exactly the right amount of calcium but with out D3 it will not be absorbed from the gut or deposited in the bones or available for use in the muscles including the heart. If you haven't been using D3 and you think your light might have been in the wrong place I would look in this direction. You will probably need vet care to get his strength and coordination back.

Caught him drinking a few minutes ago, boy is thirsty

Not sure if this will work:
Edit: see below

Last edited:
Sometimes he looks skinny though, it may be in these pics that he is trying to flex for the camera. I will post more later when I get home.

Snowflake Warning graphic content ahead!

Effects of obesity in chams:

Your horrible at warnings. I made this for you us it

Last edited:
I
I love all that stuff too! You’d probably really like this chick too, she does a lot of work like that. I’d love to own one of her diaphonized specimens one day. A Cham would be awesome!

She has a Facebook and web page too!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ANATOMIKASCIENCE
Wow she’s actually in my area :unsure: I wonder if she could do a chameleon her logo is a chameleon after all. Thanks!!

She does them, that’s how I discovered her a couple years ago. I love to see the inner workings of things.... she does awesome work.
I found her Instagram and I’ve been digging throw is and wow so much amazing stuff on her feed. She hosts taxidermy classes in the Bay Area I would love to attend a class one day

@JacksJill vet care, forget it, I've been bringing that up since page 1. OP has brushed over most of the posts regarding the falling.
Thanks for the obvious advice about going to a vet. I didn't 'brush over' posts about the fall, if I didn't want it to be known or up for discussion I wouldn't have mentioned it in my OP. Obviously that is a concern, but I thought his diet/supplementation was more important for discussion. You don't need to be passive-aggressive/negative, this is supposed to be a supportive/friendly place that people go to for help.

Anyway, I have an appointment tomorrow at 5pm. A few questions:

1. How do you guys transfer you chams to the vet? I have a 5 gallon aquarium I can put some sticks in or something. It's a 30 minute car ride.
2. Should I get him out of his 4' cage until I am comfortable with his health? If yes, what do I do? I thought about laying it sideways but he can still climb up the screen. I have a 40 gallon breeder glass tank in my garage I can dig up. Though, he's been fine all day today..I just held him and his grip feels rock solid, and he even stood on his back legs with good balance. But watching him in his cage he doesn't seem 100%, it could be self-fulfilling prophecy/exaggeration on my part.
3. I told the receptionist about my concerns and I mentioned blood work and possibly an xray. Anything else I should mention or be aware of?

This is the doc he is seeing, specializes in reptiles and has some of his own. Hoping he is familiar with chams: https://vcahospitals.com/ocean-county/team/ross-gottlieb

Thanks for the obvious advice about going to a vet. I didn't 'brush over' posts about the fall, if I didn't want it to be known or up for discussion I wouldn't have mentioned it in my OP. Obviously that is a concern, but I thought his diet/supplementation was more important for discussion. You don't need to be passive-aggressive/negative, this is supposed to be a supportive/friendly place that people go to for help.

Anyway, I have an appointment tomorrow at 5pm. A few questions:

1. How do you guys transfer you chams to the vet? I have a 5 gallon aquarium I can put some sticks in or something. It's a 30 minute car ride.
2. Should I get him out of his 4' cage until I am comfortable with his health? A little nervous about him taking a tumble. He's been fine all day today..I just held him and his grip feels rock solid, and he even stood on his back legs with good balance. But watching him in his cage he doesn't seem 100%, it could be self-fulfilling prophecy/exaggeration.
3. I told the receptionist about my concerns and mentioned blood work and possibly an xray. Anything else I should mention or be aware of?

This is the doc he is seeing, specializes in reptiles and has some of his own. Hoping he is familiar with chams: https://vcahospitals.com/ocean-county/team/ross-gottlieb
This is Imelda’s transportation box. Just a soft square box with a stick and I cover the top with a felt sheet image.jpg image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom