Panther health

I have had a male panther chameleon for about 2 months and have had a veiled for 6 months, I want to make sure the panther gets everything he needs. I give him calcium without D3 5 days a week, calcium with D3 2 times a month, and reptivite 2 times a month, his bask bulb is 75 watt and uvb is 5.0 and I'll be upgrading it to a 10 soon. I spray them 2 times a day but they both don't like being sprayed and they don't really use the drip system. Any other ways of watering them? Thanks

You could try showering them that usually does the trick. But if the urates are white they are probably drinking from one or both you will never see them drink if they don't want you too.

You could try a syringe, but it's quite the challenge. As far as misting, avoid their eyes. They usually don't like it aimed at the eyes, spray so that it literally floats or mists gently on them. And for the dripper, I usually use a big leaf in the enclosure, flip it up so that it looks like a plate and let the water drip onto the leaf. The motion of the dripping signals my cham where source of water is when I'm not home.

Back
Top Bottom