Panther female

Iam confident in the VET my girl is not textbook example she is an individual. And how could she not be healthy?? Are you a vet ?

Iam confident in the VET my girl is not textbook example she is an individual. And how could she not be healthy?? Are you a vet ?
Ok, well I wasn't trying to insult you at all. I was just stating what I have read. I know you have good husbandry and are a good chameleon owner. I do agree that your female is an individual...meaning she may have something else going on. Did the vet do an xray or anything like that? How can dropping eggs be healthy when everything says it's such a bad sign? I would be concerned about that still. That's all.
You're right, I'm not a vet....and if you're confident in your vet then great.

Dropping eggs is not normal for Panthers... This is something that indicates an issue. I agree with getting a second opinion.
Something is off here. It could he as simple as she does not like the laybin or material in it. Or she feels too exposed to lay. So she is holding eggs in turn backing her up.

He said that there is not a lot in her as she she didn't look that big
OK but an xray is the only way to know how large of a clutch she is carrying...

Your feeding more then recommended for a female and your temps are higher then recommended for a female to control and reduce clutch size.

I do not know what your using for a lay bin. But the fact that she dropped eggs with her urate and fecal would IMO be a situation that she is holding her eggs because she is not comfortable enough using the lay bin. So since she is holding fully developed eggs this is backing her up and she is also retaining fecal and urate longer.

Maybe you should re evaluate what your doing for a lay bin and what your using for substrate in it along with how exposed she is when she does go down to it. They will not lay if they feel exposed and seen.

To see how many eggs she has left. To see if there is a rupture or something going on inside her. I would have asked for one just to be comfortable. I dont know why she would be dropping eggs with her urates, but it doesnt sound like something that is a good sign.
Hi I didn't mean to come across as rude if I did I'm sorry and apologise. I didn't think to ask for an x-ray as I was very stressed I have never been to this vet as my practice doesn't have a reptile vet and it was a 3 hour journey and I don't drive which was tough for me as I was hit by a car last year and am struggling with that . I thought if it was needed he would have said . I just listened to him but obviously he was at least part talking out of his cloaca

@Beman I'm feeding 3 feeders every other day which chameleon academy recommends and temps 80-82. My lay bin was previously 50/50 . Soil sand .this time it was 100 sand as I didn't have any organic soil left but I have changed that back today to 50/50 it's 10x10x8 .

@Beman I'm feeding 3 feeders every other day which chameleon academy recommends and temps 80-82. My lay bin was previously 50/50 . Soil sand .this time it was 100 sand as I didn't have any organic soil left but I have changed that back today to 50/50 it's 10x10x8 .
Ok that was not how I read your feeding amounts. Temps are still a bit high for a female looking for 78 max would be 80 at basking.
She may not like the substrate or she may not like the bin or she may just be way to exposed to want to lay. I dunno it is finding what works for her until you get it right I suppose.

Hi I didn't mean to come across as rude if I did I'm sorry and apologise. I didn't think to ask for an x-ray as I was very stressed I have never been to this vet as my practice doesn't have a reptile vet and it was a 3 hour journey and I don't drive which was tough for me as I was hit by a car last year and am struggling with that . I thought if it was needed he would have said . I just listened to him but obviously he was at least part talking out of his cloaca
You're fine. I understand it is a stressful situation.

Thank you . I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong she has dropped eggs ever since I got her . Someone said ( not on this forum that she just does it as they are not fertile and has no devotion ) my o my . How im glad to cone back to normal cray.

I'm sorry I do not have more information for you. I wish I had the answer. I have never seen them drop eggs with their urates before.
Thank you. I do appreciate it
Might be the substrate, since it worked twice previous but wasn't same on this cycle & she wont use it
Yeah I've changed it back was only out today to get organic soil to make it back to 50/50 the way it was

Back
Top Bottom