Do they absorb water through their cloaca when bathed?

Humans actually can absorb various things thru the very distal end of the GI tract, but I’m yet to hear anyone suggest sitting gramps in a bath because he’s dehydrated.
Dying Laughing GIF by memecandy

Humans actually can absorb various things thru the very distal end of the GI tract, but I’m yet to hear anyone suggest sitting gramps in a bath because he’s dehydrated.

No, but you'll find loads of college kids at spring break who can attest that butt chugging a beer bong gets you drunk faster. I have no real world experience with this, only what the Real World of MTV taught me.

there is a hole that leads to poop and if they are impacted it (poop) will absorb water and if it has some epsom salt in it sometimes they poop in the water it is gross but I seen it save more then one life in an emergency situation when they can't go potty

I'm sure that if the water is inside the chameleon or put inside like in an enema the cloaca would absorb it...likely even quite a bit of it...but isn't there a sphincter muscle there that would prevent outside water from going into the cloaca? If so, how would the chameleon "suck" it inside when bathed?

I'm sure that if the water is inside the chameleon or put inside like in an enema the cloaca would absorb it...likely even quite a bit of it...but isn't there a sphincter muscle there that would prevent outside water from going into the cloaca? If so, how would the chameleon "suck" it inside when bathed?
I was just about to point that out as the difference between the video & popping gramps in a bath, and butt-chugging.

The sphincter is not a cincture—it's distincter (and d' stinkter). :rolleyes:

I just want to know how I missed this fun fact since I did grow up watching MTV...
It predates MTV by quite a bit...
The Maya ritually administered enemas of alcohol as an entheogen, sometimes adding other psychoactive substances, seeking to reach a state of ecstasy. Syringes of gourd and clay were used to inject the fluid.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_enema#Native_American_ritual_usages

Back
Top Bottom