Panther colors

Jac1582

So I'm curious as to how old a panther roughly is when his color stays bright. When he's just chillin in his cage u could almost mistake him for a female he's so bland but get him excited and his colors explode out of nowhere..he's 5 months old by the way. I know it can take 18 months before they're fully developed just wondering when the colors stay and the brownish gray goes away

So I'm curious as to how old a panther roughly is when his color stays bright. When he's just chillin in his cage u could almost mistake him for a female he's so bland but get him excited and his colors explode out of nowhere..he's 5 months old by the way. I know it can take 18 months before they're fully developed just wondering when the colors stay and the brownish gray goes away

Post a picture?

A lot of the time it can depend on the locale and the individual chameleon. The colors will come eventually. It just takes patience. Though, the colors will most likely not be consistently as bright as they are when you introduce him to a female for mating. (assuming you have a male panther chameleon). A pic will always help though to get a better idea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345745872.310530.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345745885.216394.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345745896.907244.jpg
These were all taken on Wednesday. When I first got him out his neck was bright white with neon blue and orange and after he was comfy on my hand he faded
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345746026.764820.jpg
This pic was from a few weeks ago, he wasn't very happy with me for moving him around

The breeder told me that his mother was a blue barred ambanja and his fathers genetics came from the Thor bloodline which was featured in magazines back in 2005-2006

Looks like he's soaking up some rays! He looks great. Is it October where you're from? What's with all of the pumpkins? :D

Looks like he's soaking up some rays! He looks great. Is it October where you're from? What's with all of the pumpkins? :D

Haha I live in the future dude! Nah my moms garden is producing some crazy fantastic stuff this year!! There's load more than that lol

patience my friend, patience! He will get his colors!!

Haha I'm actually a pretty patient person. I'm more curious than anything, because he can turn his colors on like neon lights and turn em back off just as fast lol..I think he's teasing me on purpose

Btw I live in the mountains in south western Pennsylvania, we have some crazy wild weather and season changes here. Our seasons run as this....almost winter, winter, still winter...and construction

What a beautiful boy!!

I know you're excited to see his colors come in, but be patient young one. Enjoy the small amount of time you get with him as a baby. Once it's gone, it's gone.

I can tell that within the next month or two, he will lose most of that brown. Panther's are constantly changing. You can look at two pictures of the same Cham, separated by one month, and they look nothing alike! I find it very fascinating.

But cherish the baby years. You will have plenty of time to enjoy his color range, but the way he is now.. will be gone before you know it. :)

What a beautiful boy!!

I know you're excited to see his colors come in, but be patient young one. Enjoy the small amount of time you get with him as a baby. Once it's gone, it's gone.

I can tell that within the next month or two, he will lose most of that brown. Panther's are constantly changing. You can look at two pictures of the same Cham, separated by one month, and they look nothing alike! I find it very fascinating.

But cherish the baby years. You will have plenty of time to enjoy his color range, but the way he is now.. will be gone before you know it. :)

Thank you so much! The baby years are a very special thing, my son is about to start first grade on Monday and it hurts me in a way seeing how fast the time has already gone with him and he's almost 7 now. But my panther is a baby for an even shorter time frame than kids.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345774562.934527.jpg
I took this pic of him right after I bought him which was just a month ago, he was all bright and frazzled from all the activity at the expo and was very thankful for his big calm enviroment once we finally made it home

Back
Top Bottom