Out of date, incomplete, or wrong?

Full and total ban everywhere.

We what I meant is are the pages, like let's say Kammers Facebook page, that's no longer allowed? A business page for a business that sells reptiles or whatever?

Wouldn't that be a way around it? Surely Facebook is not banning businesses that sell animals.

DDA45D52-A4EA-441C-8995-8E48A1BE1446.png
1F177713-8858-439F-AF0F-06CE9D740763.png

An ISO ad must get mobbed with PMs by any group members with something to sell. Facebook will probably crack down on that as well with no ISO ads for animals before very long. Someone just put up a picture with a pm me to discuss and got banned. Worse they are all turning on each other and reporting each other it's been a blood bath.

I love the chameleon forum so much, way more the facebook pages, here its welcoming people actually have interesting,intellectual,funny converstations about chameleons, you can literally search anything up about chameleons and 95% of the time something useful will pop up. Ive used so many things from this forum if i never found it i honestly dont think my chameleon would be alive or as healthy and strong as he is, so everyone here that knows me and has helped me thank you for creating such a great unique place for us to get together and talk. Its almost like a family here. Shall our chameleons live long and prosper by following our complete,in date, correct forum page.

An ISO ad must get mobbed with PMs by any group members with something to sell. Facebook will probably crack down on that as well with no ISO ads for animals before very long. Someone just put up a picture with a pm me to discuss and got banned. Worse they are all turning on each other and reporting each other it's been a blood bath.

Lol, that's too funny. It's the Cham wars.

Quick Brad, raise the requirements of the Marketplace here. Make it to where only Chameleon Enthusiasts can post for sale ads or something. The are going to flood into here soon.

Following this caresheet, I don’t have to give my veiled calcium with d3 every 2 weeks...
that’s correct, right??

Correct. D3 is the Devil.

What you need for your veilied is a Quad T5HO, and in that Quad, you need 2 Arcadia 12% bulbs. Put them on the outside of the fixture.

Also make sure there is no plants in the first 15 inches of cage, that way they get all the UVBs.

I'm kidding, don't do this. But I actually did see this suggested there, that was why I left. When they were telling people to use ridiculous UVB lighting.

was the live animal ban recent? While i only check face book every few months, i was in 2 groups that ONLY sold local reptiles, but i havent checked that group this year...

was the live animal ban recent? While i only check face book every few months, i was in 2 groups that ONLY sold local reptiles, but i havent checked that group this year...

No it was back in 2017, however they have gotten much more strict about it. It's getting worse.

All my groups now have rules about it.

With the Advent of discord, they can move it off Fbook. And sell on the groups discord server though. Haven't seen anyone do that yet, but eventually they likely will.

The ban has been in the FB rules but enforcement only began in earnest recently, 2-3 months.

It wasn't that long ago that you weren't supposed to ever give your chameleons vitamin A except as beta carotene and now some retinol is a good idea in moderation. It's not the supplement but refining the proper dose.

Back
Top Bottom