Out of date, incomplete, or wrong?

View attachment 238948
I don't know from this what species she is talking about so tough to judge. Ideally your lighting would do this but lighting isn't ideal and we've been covering ourselves by giving D3. She's probably right that most people give too much but I wouldn't drop it entirely unless I had a UVB meter, stellar gut load and some outdoor time. D3 does have to be used cautiously and not caked onto feeders. There are members here who do not supplement on the advise of their veterinarian but they are in southern states and monitor their chameleons religiously. I think starting out you need the crutch supplements including D3 until you can meet all the requirements but she has D3 in the multi so...
View attachment 238949
She is giving D3 in the multivitamin if you are giving it this way more would be overdosing. She going the same place but in a different way. It is simpler this way.
There was a school of thought that you shouldn't give D3 or calcium at the same time as the vitamins because of absorption issues. No real evidence either way that I know of in chameleons.
View attachment 238950
True except calcium deposits in the organs damaging them but she is on track.
I don't have a problem with this it's just another way of skinning the same old cat.

I will admit missed the Repashy Calcium Plus.

The species in Question was a Panther.

Back
Top Bottom