Out of date, incomplete, or wrong?

Metabolism and MBD

http://www.anapsid.org/mbd2.html?fb..._vQsVTlGS6EkN2poSHXqnUolxMrarjppnHajzPtl4uM7k

D0BFD707-0E81-4552-AE4D-7B95229DC102.png
A9936B0E-7D5E-43EC-A537-CF38C56C38F5.png
81BEF2F4-E9E1-4BA7-ACA3-017B53C76260.png
6DF50569-17D5-42C8-A024-CAF902291BB9.png
F64994B9-694A-4CA1-94CC-FA2304A57664.png
67676921-DEB6-4995-A595-879B5E20EA5B.png

Wait where was CFvCC 1?

I remember a thread like this from wayyy back. And honestly when I was in those groups I noticed they talk about CF way more than CF does them.

At least they are not telling people to have the Chams drink from cups like the Reddit guys I guess.

There was a big feud acouple months ago. Someone from here tried helping someone on FB asking them to fill out our help form. Long story short, the FB admin said the CF help form was against the FB page rules and was not allowed and not necessary even though the person asking for help only stated that their cham had X problem which couldve been caused by any number of care issues.

OK, ive stolen absolutely everything that wasn’t bolted down. I’d also like to urge caution in bashing anything that doesn’t perfectly line up with what we advocate, there is no single correct answer for any aspect of Cham husbandry. These people aren’t stupid, just have a different POV and experiences.

I’ve been at work since 6AM, time for me to do some actual work!

OK, ive stolen absolutely everything that wasn’t bolted down. I’d also like to urge caution in bashing anything that doesn’t perfectly line up with what we advocate, there is no single correct answer for any aspect of Cham husbandry. These people aren’t stupid, just have a different POV and experiences.

Most of the info is good. As you said, a few people there, like Taylor, are even here on CF, or use to be?

The only glaring thing to me, was the Glass thing. And IDK about the sheets but back when I was there. I got in fights over the 12% for everything logic. They were telling people to use 12% with montanes, and I was like umm, No. That seems to have changed, at least in the sheets.

Not sure why they are bashing CF sheets though. I do agree though, let's not bring ourselves to their level. The glass statement is a glaring issue though, that is a direct contradiction to reality.

I dont see anything super big that pops out in either theirs or chameleon forum care sheets that looks completely wrong. They are pretty similar. Like Brody said everyone has their own way of doing it and some ways we might not agree because so and so have been doing it a certain way for years and have healthy chameleons. If I had to choose though it be chameleon forums all the way. This forum has been here a lot longer than some Facebook group that was made probably a few years ago. I don’t use Facebook anyway haha.

View attachment 238816

Do you think they read any of this has a whole? But it seems they want zero D3 supplements and 100% from the lights. But in all these pages, i have yet to see UVI recommended levels, or even recommending a meter...
No, 90% of CC members don’t have a working understanding of most of this, the admins police all comments and correct anyone who isn’t falling in line.

Most of the info is good. As you said, a few people there, like Taylor, are even here on CF, or use to be?

The only glaring thing to me, was the Glass thing. And IDK about the sheets but back when I was there. I got in fights over the 12% for everything logic. They were telling people to use 12% with montanes, and I was like umm, No. That seems to have changed, at least in the sheets.

Not sure why they are bashing CF sheets though. I do agree though, let's not bring ourselves to their level. The glass statement is a glaring issue though, that is a direct contradiction to reality.
We’re being bashed because the admins there are always correct, period. No one else is allowed to be correct there. And that will only get worse there since the admins now have to approve every post befor it’s allowed to hit the page.

That particular admin hasn’t taken the time to compare notes with us, she has no clue what we advocate. She just threw out a blanket, uneducated comment knowing she won’t be challenged. That’s why CF is being bashed, willful ignorance.

Ive spoken with her directly a few times, she’s not a stupid person at all, just jumped the gun...

I don't think it really comes down to an us vs them kind of thing. There are aspects of their care sheet I like but I found ours easy to use when I started out years ago. I also liked that I could read the posts of every person that owned the species I was interested in and gather individuals experience. I find facebook posts to be harder to track with FB deciding relevance.
Facebook is about to go the way of the Dodo for breeders because of the fierce enforcement of no animal sales policies. Many of these moderators have had 3-30 day bans on FB and are tying to move to MeWe but it is slow going as the general public hasn't moved. It is rich with breeders trading to other breeders and collectors.

You mean when they breath in and say " D3 will kill your cham, its only a matter of time" and then they breath out and say D3 twice a month?

We’re being bashed because the admins there are always correct, period. No one else is allowed to be correct there. And that will only get worse there since the admins now have to approve every post befor it’s allowed to hit the page.

That particular admin hasn’t taken the time to compare notes with us, she has no clue what we advocate. She just threw out a blanket, uneducated comment knowing she won’t be challenged. That’s why CF is being bashed, willful ignorance.

Ive spoken with her directly a few times, she’s not a stupid person at all, just jumped the gun...

That was my experience there as well, I quite quickly left.

If it helps people, that I am happy it exists, but it's not for me at all.

The Bioactive Facebook group, was the same way. I left that one as well. Oh but I got kicked out of that one for telling someone not to feed WC Isopods, because they carry heavy metals in their system....

I still have a couple facebook groups I am in, The panther one and Cristifers, and a bunch of bugs groups. Those are all much more laid back, and I am not active really so I could just not see it. However ya, alot of those Facebook groups do not implore nor condone to free thought.

The Admins and Moderators, are on power trips, and have no business in their positions. They lack the basic understanding of what makes a good admin.

Keep in mind most of these people are selling chameleons and it is their best interest to be the authority that people seek out. They have to self promote to keep a following and a sales base. If they lose followers to other pages or CF then they lose part of their market share. It's in their best interest to bash other sources. I imagine they are also simply proud of what they have created and at the core of it their heart is in the right place.

Keep in mind most of these people are selling chameleons and it is their best interest to be the authority that people seek out. They have to self promote to keep a following and a sales base. If they lose followers to other pages or CF then they lose part of their market share. It's in their best interest to bash other sources. I imagine they are also simply proud of what they have created and at the core of it their heart is in the right place.

Ya but Fbook don't tolerate the sales no more.

Is it only in groups though? Or are animals sales even for pages forbidden?

Back
Top Bottom