Oops - Kinyongia Boehmei

snitz427

Chameleon Enthusiast
This is Lucy and Desi. My 7th and 8th “it was an accident, babe.” Saw them at a reptile show and couldn’t walk away. Both are dwarf fischer’s chameleons and are imports. They looked in pretty good shape (although understandably stressed now).

Wish me luck. I’m very nervous!

84E3CCDE-FC2B-4932-A2FD-CC54BA7A1CBC.jpeg CEB44AFF-BED3-4D88-B73E-7F42469322F4.jpeg 4B88DBED-EDDE-48C0-BEB6-27C5AD5167D0.jpeg 8F366A77-3513-4A63-A9A1-816D663A0AA7.jpeg

Desi’s eating and drinking but Lucy is still reserved but alert. Really hoping she does ok... I think she is gravid, and, I won’t say what we all know about female imports.

Loaded up a cup full of bsfl, silks, and small dubia for each, and let a few small sticks loose in the cage.

69EDC3CF-BF38-4A08-922E-8204B67435DC.jpeg 60B231FB-AC74-4DC4-8994-F59C3779AC94.jpeg D7650200-B214-4641-AE88-7031AC2D8F95.jpeg

Good luck! They're in good hands. I wouldn't freak out too much just yet, sometimes the move with chams will cause them to stress out and close their eyes. Not to say ignore it, but may be no big deal as well. Walt actually did that after he was stuck in the fedex truck for 2 days.

I think she's gravid too.

Do you happen to know of a good reference on the various kinyongia species? Im unsure if these guys are accurately labeled.

Ive seen some reference to other species having a small dorsal crest (k boehemei and others), whereas k tavetana / dwarf fischer’s do not appear to have it. My guys both appear to have the small dorsal crest.

I could have sworn madcham had info on kinyongia but didn’t find much when I looked today.

Lucy’s active and looking pretty good today. Hopefully the first day was just stress induced. Theyve been munching on some fruit flies, black soldier flies, and small sticks... but turning their nose up to dubia and *gasp* silks! I have small crickets on order - blech.

Her vent area is very dark. I think its normal as Ive seen similar coloration in other photos.

Im tempted to pick up this guy’s other pair. Technically he has 2 pairs but one of the females appears ro have a necrotic tail so thats a nogo. I dont mind an amputee but there is no telling if its injury, bacteria, etc. too risky.

I seem to have misplaced my microscope during a move (sort of). Need to find it asap to run a fecal and see what we are dealing with!

8D1100D2-FAF4-4006-8F7F-87F9810B64B0.jpeg

Lucy’s active and looking pretty good today. Hopefully the first day was just stress induced. Theyve been munching on some fruit flies, black soldier flies, and small sticks... but turning their nose up to dubia and *gasp* silks! I have small crickets on order - blech.

Her vent area is very dark. I think its normal as Ive seen similar coloration in other photos.

Im tempted to pick up this guy’s other pair. Technically he has 2 pairs but one of the females appears ro have a necrotic tail so thats a nogo. I dont mind an amputee but there is no telling if its injury, bacteria, etc. too risky.

I seem to have misplaced my microscope during a move (sort of). Need to find it asap to run a fecal and see what we are dealing with!

View attachment 260269

If you don't take the pair you might not have a chance to get them again for a while and TOU won't have 2 pair to breed. Hard decision?

Back
Top Bottom