Oops - Kinyongia Boehmei

Interesting colors on Porchetta and Porcini lately. Not sure if receptive or gravid… gonna bust out the scale and track for the next few weeks. Porky was exceptionally bright / contrasting tonight.

11264F69-B255-4224-A523-1887BBC9BADC.jpeg

27BF6BD6-D085-42C0-9B60-AAC2349CC6B8.jpeg

A more typical color for them:
5DECB2DC-A611-49F1-B17C-A0C7A1CC0340.jpeg

I am contemplating tracking down a WC or CH male to breed. I would like to experience grandbabies… and I really love this species!

Gave Desi a long stick bug. He got it by the leg, grabbed its body in his mit, and pulled off the leg to eat it. He held the stick in his hand for 2 minutes or so, while he ate some BSFL. I thought for sure ge would drop it and not eat it, but once he finished the BSFL he lifted his mit and finished off the stick bug like it was a turkey leg.

I can never capture the full process... but these guys often use their mits to eat larger or unruly prey. I’ve witnessed them using their mits to pull stuff out, too! They dont like isopods - and they dont realize it right away... so then they use their mits to try to spit and pull it out of their mouth. Really interesting little guys.

View attachment 285725
😂

Are those real plants?

Interesting colors on Porchetta and Porcini lately. Not sure if receptive or gravid… gonna bust out the scale and track for the next few weeks. Porky was exceptionally bright / contrasting tonight.

View attachment 327076

View attachment 327077

A more typical color for them:
View attachment 327078

I am contemplating tracking down a WC or CH male to breed. I would like to experience grandbabies… and I really love this species!
Wonderful idea, we would all love to follow their progress.

Wow, exceptional beautiful. Completely agree, it’s a lovely species which I also would like to breed. Luckily, Ranjo is back to normal, the leg issue was only for 2 days. He’s back to his active regular.
This is great news. Let us know if it happens again, I am curious if it could be at least partly behavioral.

This is great news. Let us know if it happens again, I am curious if it could be at least partly behavioral.
Yesss luckily. Keep you posted, personally I’m thinking it could be supplement thing. First 7 weeks nothing or maybe the real deal from wild bugs and at “home” the multivitamin.

My friend has the only male from my clutch and his colors are fantastic. I wish I held him back - but you can’t keep them all, right? Maybe instead of seeking out an unrelated male, I should see how my pal feels about me hunting for an unrelated female to pair with this guy. His colors are very different from Desi’s.

60FA8947-6D79-469A-8A48-BC68C8F2B8AE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom