Oops - Kinyongia Boehmei

No :( Ive searched around with a bright flashlight, as well as in the enclosures again. I really cant fathom how it would have escaped unless it was on the lid and I missed it (I always check before setting it down - but they are very tiny). I am so sad.

I am going to take apart the enclosure again tomorrow to look again for a body.
Hey was reading again & saw there was no update. I'm sorry to bring it up. But did you ever find the baby?? 😭

Hey was reading again & saw there was no update. I'm sorry to bring it up. But did you ever find the baby?? 😭

I did not. Im not sure if it miraculously escaped, or if it died and I missed it when searching the substrate. They are very small and easy to miss. I just cant see how it could have escaped.

The second one is hanging in there but seems small for the 3 month mark. Hoping for the best.

I did not. Im not sure if it miraculously escaped, or if it died and I missed it when searching the substrate. They are very small and easy to miss. I just cant see how it could have escaped.

The second one is hanging in there but seems small for the 3 month mark. Hoping for the best.
I'm so sorry. That's a bummer, really sucks. Glad the other one is holding on ♡

Lucy passed away this morning. I am unsure of her age, but suspect it to be no less than 3 ( 2 years with me). I will miss her and Desi… but I have two of her daughters to remind me of her.

This is Porky (Porchetta). Her sister is Porcini. Porky is very much like her mom - when it comes to eating!

Lucy passed away this morning. I am unsure of her age, but suspect it to be no less than 3 ( 2 years with me). I will miss her and Desi… but I have two of her daughters to remind me of her.
So sorry for your lost. That's a time I'm afraid of with my boy. Again no real indicators this happen? Or did you witness behavioural change?

This is Porky (Porchetta). Her sister is Porcini. Porky is very much like her mom - when it comes to eating!
Unbelievable :love:

Again no real indicators this happen? Or did you witness behavioural change?

I did notice a change with both Lucy and Desi. Both seemed to “age” pretty quickly in their last week or two. They seemed like seniors who were a bit more frail, wrinkly, and more cautious in their footing. Their colors changed to a more muted shade, too. Lucy was sleeping a lot in her final days, but still eating and moving around. Desi declined pretty quickly… once I saw him sleeping, he had passed within a day or so.

All of my gang are getting up there in age. 2 are 5.5 years old, 4 are 3.5 years old. Makes me happy to spend so much time with them, but sad to think of the limited time I have left.

I did notice a change with both Lucy and Desi. Both seemed to “age” pretty quickly in their last week or two. They seemed like seniors who were a bit more frail, wrinkly, and more cautious in their footing. Their colors changed to a more muted shade, too. Lucy was sleeping a lot in her final days, but still eating and moving around. Desi declined pretty quickly… once I saw him sleeping, he had passed within a day or so.

All of my gang are getting up there in age. 2 are 5.5 years old, 4 are 3.5 years old. Makes me happy to spend so much time with them, but sad to think of the limited time I have left.
:confused: :confused: that's and definitely keep an eye on the symptoms.

That's a bit the downside of keeping chameleons, their lifespan can be pretty short, especially for some species. Theoretically I'm suffering the same fade in about 2 years, however, I've one small light on the horizon. By the time, my gang hits critical age, there's one cham that then starts to mature and hopefully will bring me another 10 years of joy.

My K. Boehmei is around 1.5 year now and hopefully we'll have him at least another year.

At least they bring us every day of their life lots of joy. There isn't one day that passes by and that I don't enjoy them. Wish you the best time with them, may it be as long as possible 💚🙏

I’m so sorry that Lucy passed. I hope you’re finding some comfort in her beautiful little girls. 💗
That’s the only thing that sucks about chameleons…they grow old and leave us too soon.
They sure do. Lucy usually stays pretty well hidden until dinner time, but she was very exposed this past week. She would watch me, eat a treat, and just hang nearby. I’d tell her I loved her and it sorta felt like she was aware of it all.

Desi - Desi faded very quickly. I noticed his color change and aging but he was otherwise pretty normal. One day I fed him and he ran onto my hand and didnt want to get off. I was busy so I said hello, and made him go home. I swear he looked at me like “please, can you stay a while?” I felt so bad for making him go home when he clearly wanted to come out. Once out he just sat on my hand. He started sleeping the next day and passed the day after that. I felt so bad, like he was saying bye mom.

They sure do. Lucy usually stays pretty well hidden until dinner time, but she was very exposed this past week. She would watch me, eat a treat, and just hang nearby. I’d tell her I loved her and it sorta felt like she was aware of it all.

Desi - Desi faded very quickly. I noticed his color change and aging but he was otherwise pretty normal. One day I fed him and he ran onto my hand and didnt want to get off. I was busy so I said hello, and made him go home. I swear he looked at me like “please, can you stay a while?” I felt so bad for making him go home when he clearly wanted to come out. Once out he just sat on my hand. He started sleeping the next day and passed the day after that. I felt so bad, like he was saying bye mom.
Just needed to make the biggest effort not to try, damn! 🥺
Those little critters….have so much personality, enjoy Porky and Porcini.

:confused: :confused: that's and definitely keep an eye on the symptoms.

That's a bit the downside of keeping chameleons, their lifespan can be pretty short, especially for some species. Theoretically I'm suffering the same fade in about 2 years, however, I've one small light on the horizon. By the time, my gang hits critical age, there's one cham that then starts to mature and hopefully will bring me another 10 years of joy.

My K. Boehmei is around 1.5 year now and hopefully we'll have him at least another year.

At least they bring us every day of their life lots of joy. There isn't one day that passes by and that I don't enjoy them. Wish you the best time with them, may it be as long as possible 💚🙏
It is helpful that several of us now have boehmei, so we can begin to get an idea of how long they live. Based on their size and the speed of their metabolism (fast moving, rarely still, etc.) I would guess that 3 years is about right for their lifespan. My Eliott is also likely about 1.5-2 years, I have had him one year and also hopeful for at least one more....

It is helpful that several of us now have boehmei, so we can begin to get an idea of how long they live. Based on their size and the speed of their metabolism (fast moving, rarely still, etc.) I would guess that 3 years is about right for their lifespan. My Eliott is also likely about 1.5-2 years, I have had him one year and also hopeful for at least one more....
Absolutely true, they have an extremely fast metabolism and the more space you give them, the more they gonna move. Considering other small species lifespan, 3 years will be considered maximum. Just checked his papers and in May, Ranjo is already 2 years old 😒
Therefore hopefully another year is the least we get.

Little miss Porchetta this morning.

27899A54-6F8A-4530-87CF-1AFE03C14B7D.jpeg

C0EAD249-9BBF-4694-B0F1-C0E8ADD00F9E.jpeg
50513FF8-8634-42CE-8BF5-69723B927B91.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom