One last time before I go the PETCO in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully meant everything I said, as I stated, @Graves923 gave you a workable solution, but apparently you are more willing to cause unnecessary stress to one of these beautiful creatures, rather than spend two hours travelling to meet with someone who is willing to help you out. You are taking the easier path for yourself to obtain what you want. Shameful, it's people like you who I believe should never be allowed to keep pets. Utterly unbelievable that you say you are willing to meet someone, and yet when someone is 2 hours away willing to help you, you are not going to take that opportunity, I know quite a few of us here on the forums have travelled for over 2 hours to get our chams to the help they need, it is very obvious that although you claim to not want to harm an animal, your actions and decisions make it apparent you aren't.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice, I understand exactly why you say this. i'm just afraid I don't have a choice. Thanks again

A choice? You always have a choice! No one is holding you at gunpoint threatening your life if you don't film an animal!

Just change your video idea. Use an animal that isn't going to despise the entire experience. You are the one choosing to do this. No one else.

@Nydiam2020 ,you do have a choice, but I'm going to guess that you left this until last minute and are now rushing to obtain a chameleon to finish your project without fully considering the consequences of your actions. I do not support getting a chameleon solely for the purpose of what you need it for, without having any intention to properly care for the animal or ensure that you are not putting an animal through unneeded stress. I have always been of the opinion that when you purchase an animal, you do so with the intention of giving it the best care possible and know what is within your scope of abilities, the animals welfare always comes first to me over anything else, so if I know I am not capable of caring for a particular animal, I will not acquire it.

And had you read through the thread, you would have noticed that @Graves923 ,had given you a workable solution.
Honestly, I admire and respect the passion that all of you have for these animals. They are lucky to have you all. I just think that sometimes with the best of intentions people may lose a bit of perspective, the life of these animals in their natural habitat for sure not all peaceful and tranquil, it is NEVER that way in nature. Life for all being in the planet is simply full of stress, actually, what is artificial is an easy life with no challenges and guaranteed food; it simply doesn't happen in nature. Clearly, that does not mean I justify stressing them for the sake of fun but, to baby them doesn't help them either.

lol If this person wanted to do an educational video I wouldn't have a problem with them coming to my place where I may be armed for my families protection.
I can see why you say that. Actually, I'm a woman -alone- with very expensive equipment, if anything, I'm the one in danger.

Honestly, I admire and respect the passion that all of you have for these animals. They are lucky to have you all. I just think that sometimes with the best of intentions people may lose a bit of perspective, the life of these animals in their natural habitat for sure not all peaceful and tranquil, it is NEVER that way in nature. Life for all being in the planet is simply full of stress, actually, what is artificial is an easy life with no challenges and guaranteed food; it simply doesn't happen in nature. Clearly, that does not mean I justify stressing them for the sake of fun but, to baby them doesn't help them either.
Then why not display what you just said ?? Why not show a Cham in its natural habitat versus kept ?? Why dont you interview a few that have been to their natural habitat ?? And then some long time keepers on here we have both .

@Nydiam2020, I call bs on that, because I actually have used my cham for video footage for an actual show on Animal Planet, and I can definitely say that the chameleon is in more danger than you and your equipment. Scaled was the show and the Panther Cham in the title sequence is my chameleon.

You have got to be trolling us at this point. This is so absurd!

I have an AMAZING video about the interpersonal communication between Drag Queens on RuPaul's Drag Race that is FULL OF COLORFUL BEINGS and I'll even lie and say you made it. Use that.

I am hoping this would be a one or two days ordeal, with no other option, I will have to return the chameleon once he or she had walked the 3 feet branch. I rather have a person that knows how to handle him/her since I'm very afraid of hurting it in any way but, I think I was just being naive hoping someone here could help :( I honestly hate the idea of torturing an animal, it is not my intention, I have been reading about it, I'll do my best.

Then please just change your project.

I am hoping this would be a one or two days ordeal, with no other option, I will have to return the chameleon once he or she had walked the 3 feet branch. I rather have a person that knows how to handle him/her since I'm very afraid of hurting it in any way but, I think I was just being naive hoping someone here could help :( I honestly hate the idea of torturing an animal, it is not my intention, I have been reading about it, I'll do my best.
We're helping. Would you buy a puppy to have it fetch a stick once and then take it back to where you bought? This is just a form of animal abuse and your doing a great disservice to this animal. Youre being naive thinking you could come into the forums and expect everyone to be okay with this? Im confused.

Then why not display what you just said ?? Why not show a Cham in its natural habitat versus kept ?? Why dont you interview a few that have been to their natural habitat ?? And then some long time keepers on here we have both .
Beautiful idea, thanks for suggesting it. It is just not the idea of the project. Please, feel free to do it yourself. Thanks again

We're helping. Would you buy a puppy to have it fetch a stick once and then take it back to where you bought? This is just a form of animal abuse and your doing a great disservice to this animal. Youre being naive thinking you could come into the forums and expect everyone to be okay with this? Im confused.
With all due respect, that is probably not the best example, must dogs can play with anyone -even as puppies- and not be traumatized for doing so.

You have got to be trolling us at this point. This is so absurd!

I have an AMAZING video about the interpersonal communication between Drag Queens on RuPaul's Drag Race that is FULL OF COLORFUL BEINGS and I'll even lie and say you made it. Use that.
Trolling? I'm sorry if this post offended you but, I am not trolling anyone.

so I have a question. How come no one in film can come up with anything original anymore? Sure just do the same old fake video that has been made 1000 times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom