omg

andy123

well i bought a new female cham today and shes not moved much since getting her in the viv but, shes just jumped for no reason she fell to the bottom of the viv so about 3ft drop as she was at the top, shes got eggs inside her :eek:

will she be ok?, i think shes stressed out due to moving which doesnt help

Did you actually see her jump? Or did she just fall? As for the eggs, how do you know? What king of chameleon are we talking about? If she has eggs does she have a laying in with her? if not get one in there now. After her fall is she moving normal? Did she climb back up or did you pick her up? Sorry for all the questions but information is how we can at least try to offer opinions, that and a couple of pictures.

Did you actually see her jump? Or did she just fall? As for the eggs, how do you know? What king of chameleon are we talking about? If she has eggs does she have a laying in with her? if not get one in there now. After her fall is she moving normal? Did she climb back up or did you pick her up? Sorry for all the questions but information is how we can at least try to offer opinions, that and a couple of pictures.

yeah she jumped as i was sat here watching her and she lept foward, you can tell shes got eggs due to her being very round and in some positions you can see egg shapes at her back end, shes a 18month veiled chameleon, she has a laying bin in with her yes, she sat on the floor for about a minute but now shes climbed back up but only about a foot off the floor (3rd of the viv) ill try and get pics later due to my camera batteries being dead and dont want to stress her even more

Edit: shes now back up to where she was when she jumped but shes hiding behind the branch and still very dark colouration

She may just need time to settle in considering you just got her :)

Give her a couple of days and keep and eye... but not to close, give her some space.

Good luck Andy with your new little lady :D You'll be able to experience the "joy" of cham egg laying soon! :p

She may just need time to settle in considering you just got her :)

Give her a couple of days and keep and eye... but not to close, give her some space.

Good luck Andy with your new little lady :D You'll be able to experience the "joy" of cham egg laying soon! :p

do you think i should cover the front of her viv so she cant see out so it makes it smaller to her and so she cant see us?? would this help or not?

I didn't with Tommy. It took him a week or so to settle properly. His last owner said 'he let's you know when he wants to come out', and we thought 'yeah right!' but once settled in he did! Is she still in the same cage? If so, at least that is familiar to her.

I didn't with Tommy. It took him a week or so to settle properly. His last owner said 'he let's you know when he wants to come out', and we thought 'yeah right!' but once settled in he did! Is she still in the same cage? If so, at least that is familiar to her.

ok, well shes been in this one before but she got moved into something bigger, but all the stuff in this viv is what was in the viv she was moved into so all her smell

Back
Top Bottom