Odd behavior, escape!

Crued

Stewart comes to the front of the cage often, he's very aware of the door and my presence, and sometimes reaches for me. The other day I was dumping crickets in his feeder and he moved like the wind climbing onto my arm, up to my shoulder, and then with some help from gravity I got him roughly to my forearm before he took off in a swan dive to the carpet. He stayed put so I scooped him up and put him back in. He's fine physically.

I have held him a few times, but very briefly. I *suspect* his previous caregiver may have had him out a lot? I feel bad because I do not have an outside enclosure (or inside beyond his cage for that matter) for him to roam in. He's drinking/eating/pooping.... I just think the little guy wants companionship or more space to play? Is it possible for a chamelon to become attached to their human and seek out contact/attention?

Yes my male particularly has straight up made breaks for the door , office door that is. At times there has seemed to be deliberate planing, or at least waiting for opportunity.

So no companion ship. But you are the food tree. They get use to us and brave.

More space is easier than you think. Just collect some branches from outside and build up something by his cage, preferably that goes higher than in his cage. He can easily be out for 30 mi at a time once tr twice a day.

Do you then have a seperate exterior setup for heat and UV? Is there any fear of him jumping for freedom 8' in the air from some out of setup branches?

Do you then have a seperate exterior setup for heat and UV? Is there any fear of him jumping for freedom 8' in the air from some out of setup branches?

No mine have never jumped. Now I am sure if you push it they will jump, but other than that no.

Now do keep it manageable for you. They are likely to want to stay at the top. A step latter is what I use if I need to get him high up.

Back
Top Bottom