Behavior Change?

LizardBoy333

My cham’s behavior has changed within the past month and I’m wondering if he could be sick?
He used to let other people near and he would climb onto them but now he doesn’t and will only climb on me. He has hissed at people and hid from them as well when they are just in the general area. Nobody has done anything to hurt him. He has also started staying in his cage more and will come out less.
Physically he seems to look fine to me and is having regular bowel movements and he is eating.
Could it be the change in weather? It is getting colder just now where I am. Or could he be sick or hurt?

My cham’s behavior has changed within the past month and I’m wondering if he could be sick?
He used to let other people near and he would climb onto them but now he doesn’t and will only climb on me. He has hissed at people and hid from them as well when they are just in the general area. Nobody has done anything to hurt him. He has also started staying in his cage more and will come out less.
Physically he seems to look fine to me and is having regular bowel movements and he is eating.
Could it be the change in weather? It is getting colder just now where I am. Or could he be sick or hurt?
How old ? Could be due to sexually maturing.

Also he touched a fabric of clothing and suddenly will not go on that person again and hissed at them.

I am betting you have a male veiled... Could be an age thing. Some will get less friendly and not want to be messed with. Could also be an issue with his environment. Can you post pics of the chameleon and of the entire enclosure lights down?

Back
Top Bottom