Random hissing?

LizardBoy333

My cham will willingly climb onto someone and then hiss at them unprovoked.
Has only happened twice and hasn’t happened with me.

Is it just his behavior changing or could he be hurt or something?

nah they huff all the time. Mine does it if i just turn on the light when its dark in the room.

Also gotta remember than lizards have two choices, use front legs, or breath. So if its a huff after a long crawl, its just him catching wind back.

nah they huff all the time. Mine does it if i just turn on the light when its dark in the room.

Also gotta remember than lizards have two choices, use front legs, or breath. So if its a huff after a long crawl, its just him catching wind back.
I was told it was an actual hiss, mouth open and apparently he kept his mouth open after hissing. He was also puffed up. I wasn’t there to see it but he’s never opened his mouth while huffing and he has done little huffs before.

I was told it was an actual hiss, mouth open and apparently he kept his mouth open after hissing. He was also puffed up. I wasn’t there to see it but he’s never opened his mouth while huffing and he has done little huffs before.
Sounds like he was mad or stressed. I could caution you from having others handle your cham if that’s the case.

Often chameleon will willingly come out from its enclosure and onto a human if it is unhappy with something in its enclosure, or the entire enclosure (like if it’s too small or bare).

This fatso hisses at everyone. I love him, everyone does and he’s a big wuss. He hangs out like this and leans back when I open the door. Randomly throughout the day I hear him hiss, seemingly at nothing.

Attachments

• 961D6581-AB45-4219-AA07-8CFF887DE776.png
    961D6581-AB45-4219-AA07-8CFF887DE776.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
This fatso hisses at everyone. I love him, everyone does and he’s a big wuss. He hangs out like this and leans back when I open the door. Randomly throughout the day I hear him hiss, seemingly at nothing.
Omg stop it! That’s the funniest thing I’ve seen all day! He’s a doll😍😂

Alright! I’m just confused as he was willingly going towards and climbing out onto them.
Hard to say, that actually has me confused as well. Can you share a photo of the enclosure, including the lights on the top? Maybe something is bugging him in there so he wants out but also...doesn't want out?

Back
Top Bottom