Not shedding

Crayola

Should i be worried about my 5 months old vieled chameleon only shedding 1 time sense ive had him??

Your veiled probably shed right before you adopted it into your family. That's why you have only seen 1 shed, probably. Do not worry, it will shed soon again for you. Then you get to pick up all the yucky dried skin shavings all over the enclosure.

I was worried about the same thin for my Senegal.
We had him for a while and never saw him shed.
But he burst last night!
They say sometimes they be sneaky and eat it before you even know it happens!
You never know!

They can shed VERY fast when they are young;) and will even eat the shed:rolleyes:

Supplementation imbalance can lead to retention of a shed though.

I feel this is highly unlikely, but...
How long have you had him?
What supplements/gutloading are you using?
Any idea how he was supplemented before your received him?

Ive had him sense October. When i bought him from FLchams they said he was already 2 months but that cant be possible. That is him he so small.

Attachments

• cray.jpg
    cray.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 230
When i first got him i was able to get house flies and feed that to him and then i know longer could get them cause it got cold outside and then he started eating crickets and he will sometimes eat mealworms.

He still seems small for five months. though i believe you. :)

I also think he... migh tbe a she.

at 5 months old, males should start showing the yellow barring, as can be seen here in my pic (though my boy is much older than yours)
Can you take a photo of the back of th eback feet please?
View attachment 52344

Last edited:
I don't know about the age being correct. This is what mine looked like in January when I got them at the reptile show in Pomona. Age was unknown and was suggested they were a month old.
DSCN2212.jpg

I took these pics today. The male just went through a shed and is showing some amazing colors. Assuming they were a month old in January they'd be almost 4 months old now. Does that seem right for their appearance?
My male Kermit
DSCN2997.jpg

My female Miss Piggy
DSCN3000.jpg

How do I take a picture of his?? feet? cause as soon as he gets on my hand he is latched on. I dont wanna hurt him?? I just know ive had him sense october so what his age really is i have no clue!

I don't know about the age being correct. This is what mine looked like in January when I got them at the reptile show in Pomona. Age was unknown and was suggested they were a month old.
DSCN2212.jpg

I took these pics today. The male just went through a shed and is showing some amazing colors. Assuming they were a month old in January they'd be almost 4 months old now. Does that seem right for their appearance?
My male Kermit
DSCN2997.jpg

My female Miss Piggy
DSCN3000.jpg

He is alittle bit smaller than miss piggy there!

How do I take a picture of his?? feet? cause as soon as he gets on my hand he is latched on. I dont wanna hurt him?? I just know ive had him sense october so what his age really is i have no clue!

two options. get him on your hand and rotate your hand, take a pic with the other. just let him crawl around, or try to get a pic while he isnt facing you in hise cage.

or- hold him, and have someont take the pic for you.

Wow he is small! My little Angel and Ringo have shedded 3 times since I've got them. Angel is between 4-5 months old and Ringo is 3 months old. Thats Angel taken today

NVM pic didnt want to post

Thats the best picture i could take. He is so tiny but he is so good. He eats lots of crickets and he eats worms and before it got cold here he was eating lots of house flies. He gets calcium and his d3 once a month. He is misted twice a day. He is so good and active. He just worries me that he doesnt shedd much. I appreciate alll the help all of you and Mr twister owner( my father n step mom) they have helped me lots with this.

Attachments

• cray feet.jpg
    cray feet.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 188
he is growing some. Give him some time and just keep offering him different foods when we can get them for him. Well gutloaded crix are the best staple for him for now. He is just so picky...

And, did he start shedding finally?

Jackie- No crayola has not started to shedd again and sense ive seen his legs kinda pale so ive been spraying alot lately and still nothing. He is eatin alot of crickets. The worms finally died! Not much more i can feed him. Do you think dad can sense me some more worms just not all that much like he usually does. I need more branches for him also. Think it may be possible?? Love you guys Court&Cray

Back
Top Bottom