not pooping....

Puppy

Puppy is not pooping what should i do?
She is 5-6 months old her main diet was crickets until a few weeks ago we added silkworms 2 a day. She eats twice a day morning and evening. 5-8 cricks in the morn and 8-10 in the eve plus the silks. She hasn't pooped in a few days 3 at the most. Please help.

Vield female 5-6 months old

Do nothing, things slow down at this age, your lizard is approaching maturity.
Dont panic. Be sure its drinking, provide a box of organic soil for digging incase its full of eggs.
:)

The others are right. Amy used to poop daily, but since she was 7 months or so I am lucky to get two a week!:D Having said that, you need to consider if there is anything in the cage that she could have eaten to cause a possible impaction. Do you have any type of substrate on the floor of the cage that she may have eaten? This probably isn't the case, but worth just checking!

no, no soil or live plants I'm too scared to let her get a hold of anything like that. Thanks for the answer now I can relax : )

She would really benefit from having live plants that are chameleon safe. They will give her places to hide and she will also drink from the leaves when you mist her cage. Plants also help with humidity levels too. The most commonly used safe plants are Pothos, Schefflera Arboricola, Ficus and Hibiscus. If you wash the leaves and rinse well to remove pesticide residues and then cover the soil with river rocks or other large stones then she won't be able to eat the soil.

Puppy is not pooping what should i do?
She is 5-6 months old her main diet was crickets until a few weeks ago we added silkworms 2 a day. She eats twice a day morning and evening. 5-8 cricks in the morn and 8-10 in the eve plus the silks. She hasn't pooped in a few days 3 at the most. Please help.

Vield female 5-6 months old

How late do you feed her in the evening before her lights go out?

Panther raises a good point I overlooked aswell. Be sure that your second feeding is a few hours before lights off. This will ensure your lizard has some time to raise its body temperature (basking) before the heat goes off, to aid with digestion overnight.
Excellent question Panther ! :)

Also, that sounds like a lot of food for your chameleon. From your post it sounds like you feed your cham. 20 feeders a day.

So has she deficated yet? If not i would say try a warm bath and with your hand drop warm water on her body for about 3-5 minutes. That will aid in her pooping. Also if she doesn't go for a day after that you might want to schedule a vet visit.

Back
Top Bottom