Urate not attatched to poop normal?

oggcaleb

Hello I have a what I believe to be female Veiled Chameleon. Not sure on age but we got her when she was small and have had her for 5-6 months now. Everything seems to be fine, she eats regularly with no problem and will witness her drink. However her poops have changed. Urates don’t seem to be attached to poops anymore. Is this normal? Urate color seems to be okay mostly white. We drip her 5-7 times a day from a solo cup and obviously mist her terrarium twice daily and fog through out the night that is set on a timer. Thanks for any info!

Hello I have a what I believe to be female Veiled Chameleon. Not sure on age but we got her when she was small and have had her for 5-6 months now. Everything seems to be fine, she eats regularly with no problem and will witness her drink. However her poops have changed. Urates don’t seem to be attached to poops anymore. Is this normal? Urate color seems to be okay mostly white. We drip her 5-7 times a day from a solo cup and obviously mist her terrarium twice daily and fog through out the night that is set on a timer. Thanks for any info!
Hello and warmest welcomes! Can you send some pictures of the back of her feet? We should be able to determine sex from that.

Also, are you able to send pictures of the urates? Are you finding poop anywhere in the enclosure?

Thanks for the reply poop in enclosure just no urate attached here are photos of her feet and a couple poops

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpeg
    IMG_0027.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0025.jpeg
    IMG_0025.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 44
I think that looks ok she is nice and hydrated. The urates won’t always be attached to the poops and sometimes she may only pass a urate. Do you have a lay bin for your girl?

Yes we have it in the bottom of the enclosure. She has yet to use it tho. Hasn’t lost her appetite yet or nothing which is something I read about when they are about ready to lay. We have had her for about 6 months now I assumed she would’ve laid by now or tried to anyways. I keep it damp and drilled holes in the bottom of it so it doesn’t get too wet.

I think that looks ok she is nice and hydrated. The urates won’t always be attached to the poops and sometimes she may only pass a urate. Do you have a lay bin for your girl?
Yes we have it in the bottom of the enclosure. She has yet to use it tho. Hasn’t lost her appetite yet or nothing which is something I read about when they are about ready to lay. We have had her for about 6 months now I assumed she would’ve laid by now or tried to anyways. I keep it damp and drilled holes in the bottom of it so it doesn’t get too wet.

Back
Top Bottom