Not growing much

xoiceox

Ok so I just looked at the growing picture thread and boy do they grow fast.. My lil man on the other hand is still tiny... I feed him everyday and I do the suppliments every other day. COuld it be that he needs a bigger enclosure ?? I know that turtles grow larger according to their cage, so wasn't sure bout chams too... Because my female that had passed away was small too. Am I doing something wrong? I want him to be fat and healthy!!! Plz help

xoxo

i kind of have the same feeling about my little guy too, he is almost a year old and is only 12 to 14 inches long, andi have heard of males getting to 24 inches.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with your chameleon or your husbandry.
Chameleons go through growth spurts like we do.
You dont want them to grow to fast, so dont worry.
I dont think there is any mutual relation to growth and care size.
I think it has more to do with natural sunlight.
How old and how long is he?
Do you have a weight on him?
How much is he eatting?

Hi,

I am also interested in growth rate of panther males in particular. I had a veiled that grew like a weed and ended up about 20 inches long. Of course, he was a big eater and was well supplemented. On the other hand, I had a Jackson that only grew to about 13"s.

Larry is 13 grams of this morning and is roughly 7"s or so long. Larry is around 4 months old. He did not want to fully straighten his tail. I give him a few medium silkworms and around 12 or so crickets with an alternating supplemtation. I was also able to get h some direct sunlight although he does have a UVB light 5.0 tube and has the basking light and all the rest. He is misted well 4 times a day and has been drinking. I just worry because he does not eat all of
t his food at times.
I do have to say, I just got him to eat out of a cup yesterday and did so again today. The only draw back is he does it if I am holding it and presenting it to him. Anyway, I feel like the proud father. Oh, did I tell you how good his poop was. Just kidding.

Tim

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom