Not eating a lot?

laurahlove

So I've only had her a few days, and she's the size of my finger tip, and all the stuff I've read says baby veiled chams should eat 10-12 baby crickets a day. She's eating like, 2 or 3. I tried really tiny mealworms, and she just stares at them. Is there something to do about this? Am I doing something wrong? :(

55db16cc5ab1918eef1ad7753f2b662f.jpg

I know she looks like she's really skinny but she was just breathing in when I took that haha.

Thanks

It could just be the move that has her a little off and she is eating less because of that. As she gets settled in she should start to eat more.

As a side note, be sure your feeders are not too large as that could also be the case why she is eating less. I would try smaller than normal feeders to start her off on and then work your way up. She looks little so she might still be eating 1/8" crickets and not up to 1/4" just yet.

Id try to get some fruit flies. SHe looks almost freshly hatched, I wouldn't say shes over a month old, more like 2-3 weeks.

at that age, they can do the pinhead crickets,which you can order online, but you can also get fruit flies, from a petco they sell them in jars.

I am buying the little feeders, the tiny tiny baby crickets they were feeding her at the reptile store. Its odd though, she seems to like the dead ones...?

Id try to get some fruit flies. SHe looks almost freshly hatched, I wouldn't say shes over a month old, more like 2-3 weeks.

at that age, they can do the pinhead crickets,which you can order online, but you can also get fruit flies, from a petco they sell them in jars.
I've seen the fruit flies at petsmart, ill try to get some today.
That is odd, don't let her eat the dead ones!
I didn't, she just...did. It was strange...

Back
Top Bottom