Going strong since laying. But is this edema?

Throwingstones

Avid Member
When she was pulling herself up it was like a pea size lump. But I wonder is it really edema or is it because she laid eggs and is all skinny again? What do I do if it is edema?

Attachments

• IMG_7593.jpeg
    IMG_7593.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7594.jpeg
    IMG_7594.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 23
Are you concerned about her gular? Some ladies will have a bit of gular edema around the time of laying eggs, so it should go away.
I’m concerned about everything😂 but yes. If a little was there before it’s very prominent now. Maybe because she’s skinny again? I haven’t changed supplement schedule or anything.

I’m concerned about everything😂 but yes. If a little was there before it’s very prominent now. Maybe because she’s skinny again? I haven’t changed supplement schedule or anything.
Do you use bee pollen? In some chameleons it’s been suspected as a source of gular edema.

This is today. She yawned or stretched her mouth when I got home. Or maybe she was mad at the tv. Idk. And then my boyfriend walked by with the grocery bags and she was very curious 😂 she’s so funny

Attachments

• IMG_7613.jpeg
    IMG_7613.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7612.jpeg
    IMG_7612.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 19
That looks like a big increase in her edema. If it gets any bigger or isn’t getting smaller, a vet visit would be a good idea.
It varies too. It’s like she’s almost puffing it out as well? Last reptivite feeding was Saturday. She has been getting dubias more lately because i got crickets that were too small so I’m hoping they grow more.

Back
Top Bottom