Need advice

Hello, I spoke to a exotic vet online an they gave me this link. Just wanted to know if its best option. Can't afford have veiled chameleon put down cost 280. Was thinking d con but the chameleon won't eat currently. I took this chameleon from my sister. But she died in a car crash. An no one knew shelter take it. So I took care of it for while an looks like i killed it. Just don't like seeing it suffer. With mouth opening an breathing sounds. https://www.alysion.org/euthanasia/

Oh dear. I’m not sure exactly what it is you’re asking. Are you wanting to know how to euthanize your chameleon? If so, I personally can only say to have a vet do it. Reptiles are very different than mammals and aren’t the same to euthanize. If you’re looking for a home for the chameleon, we can probably help with that.
@SteveH @GrannyK @elizaann2 I think I see that you’re on now…do you have any advisement?

Do not try and give it d con at all. Unfortunately I do not have a recommendation for euthanasia besides a vet. Try another vet in your area, even if not exotics and explain what you need done and your finances, there should be another vet around to help or advise. As miss skittles said, if you let us know the area we can try to find a rescuer for it or a vet that takes exotics near you. I’m sorry you’re dealing with all of this, and about your sister.

I am so sorry this happened to the chameleon and your sister!! The breathing you were talking about is called agonal breathing, which is end-of-life breathing :( This happened with my last chameleon, he was agonal breathing for about an hour, and then he passed. There is not much we can do, but if you tell us the state that you live in, we might be able to help you find a rescue nearby. That is, if you are comfortable sharing.

I am so sorry to hear about your sister and chameleon. I don’t know of any rescues but I am more than happy to do some research with you to see if we can find anything. It sounds like your chameleon is near the end though. Let us know. Sending you a virtual hug.

Back
Top Bottom